Working in a Strip club in Texas if you have prostitution charges

If someone wanted to go work in a strip club and they have prior prostitution charges, how would you get around that to be able to work in a club? Texas laws have become more strict and things aren't like they were a few years ago, some clubs have it on their website that they do not hire people with such charges, Is it possible to get around this? any ideas?
If you successfully completed deferred probation, you may be able to get a non-disclosure order. In fact if you completed deferred probation, you have NO conviction, but it will still show up on a background check. Nondisclosure will prevent that.

I suggest you attach a photo to your application. Clubs are in the business to make money. If you do have a conviction, it might get "lost" in the paperwork in your case.
Aww that's sweet thank you for the compliment, and no sadly they are convictions, not deferred, but will try again and hopefully it does get lost in the paperwork
I've never worked at a strip club in Texas but of all the ones I worked at in New York State they never once did a backround check on me. All they ever wanted was to see my ID to make sure I was over 18 and to know what stage name I wanted to bo by.

I've never even heard of clubs doing backround checks...it seems like in this type of business one would expect to find some bleeps on the radar screen of legality but perhaps you might want to call ahead to see what info they'll need so as to not waste your time going in there for nothing.
The Texas legislature has generally entrusted the regulation of strip clubs to the local municipalities and counties; therefore, the license (and background check) that's required of dancers in Houston may not be required in San Antonio.

Call around to clubs in different areas to find those that don't require licensing of dancers.
I don't specialize in strip club law, but the word around the campfire is that Dallas clubs won't hire girls with prostitution convictions but Fort Worth clubs will. Of course, I hear that the clubs in Dallas are nicer than those in Cowtown.
Dallas clubs cannot hire you if you have convictions for prostitution or drugs. BUT-- I also believe there is a loophole for the number of years since convicted. Don't quote me on this--- I was just a simple house mom.
Britney as hot as you are I would just stay in the provider business. Your a beautiful girl. I wish you were in my home state
Dallas clubs cannot hire you if you have convictions for prostitution or drugs. BUT-- I also believe there is a loophole for the number of years since convicted. Don't quote me on this--- I was just a simple house mom. Originally Posted by DecemberLove
It's two years for a misdemeanor conviction, and five years for a felony conviction. See Dallas Code Chapter 41A-18.1: Sexually Oriented Businesses.
some clubs have it on their website that they do not hire people with such charges, Is it possible to get around this? any ideas? Originally Posted by Britney_Jaye_Loves_You
You could forget to mention it on your job application. I think the worst they could do to you if they found out is not hire you.
  • anita
  • 10-07-2010, 03:01 AM
Go in the club as a costumer, make a friend or two and I am sure they will *forget* about your charges when you apply because you are stuning and strip clubs need just that.