Soldiers Fired

500 Army Majors getting pink slips. Some while in the battle field in Afganistan. Thanks Obama.
500 Army Majors getting pink slips. Some while in the battle field in Afganistan. Thanks Obama. Originally Posted by Bestman200600
When I was in the USAF (way back when...) not much was going on and things were fairly stable. The current force gives a lot more, puts up with a lot more, and gets much less support and appreciation. Sad, depressing...
Maybe the military finally figured it out.

I always felt that there were two ideal military ranks O-4, Major/Lt Commander, and E-6, some type of sgt or p.o., depending on branch.

All I ever saw them do was take something from below them in the chain of command, initial it and send it up or reverse the process and send it down.
  • EZ.
  • 11-14-2014, 08:14 AM
Maybe the military finally figured it out.

I always felt that there were two ideal military ranks O-4, Major/Lt Commander, and E-6, some type of sgt or p.o., depending on branch.

All I ever saw them do was take something from below them in the chain of command, initial it and send it up or reverse the process and send it down. Originally Posted by Chainsaw Anthropologist
I made E6 in my first enlistment thanks to the NCO academy. In my second tour (Vietnam) I was promoted (temporary rank) to !st Sgt/E8. They didn't pay me beyond my permanent grade but nobody jacked with me. It never exempted me from being on patrols.

The military has a pecking order. You can bet nobody getting RIF'd went to the academy. Less were from ROTC and the bulk got their commissions from OCS.

Instead of RIF'g combat soldiers, have them take the place of the REMFs.

Bring back the draft. When I was drafted a recruit made $76/month. Using an inflation calculator from 1969 that would be $492.93. No deferments. Take the gloves off of DIs.
Originally Posted by elcalifa
LOL seriously
500 Army Majors getting pink slips. Some while in the battle field in Afganistan. Thanks Obama. Originally Posted by Bestman200600
Tell me why there us even a battlefield there other than to control the flow of oil certainly has nothing to do with terrorism
  • EZ.
  • 11-15-2014, 06:41 AM
Tell me why there us even a battlefield there other than to control the flow of oil certainly has nothing to do with terrorism Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco
Oh, blood for oil theory. There is no oil in Afghanistan, so no oil to protect. We have enough oil and natural gas, in this country, to be self sufficient but this administration still tries to suppress it. Almost all of the oil being produced is on private lands. I look for Obama to veto the Keystone pipeline bill. Up to 42,000 high paying jobs. I want America to see which party is the party of No. Send him one bipartisan bill after another for him to veto.

Conservatives said that when we pulled out of Iraq there would be a vacuum created that would be filled with Muslim extremist. That is exactly what has happened. Anyone that doesn't believe ISIS isn't a threat, to American, is naive.

Telling an active combat soldier that his service will no longer be needed when he finishes his tour, should be offensive to all of us.
Tell me why there us even a battlefield there other than to control the flow of oil certainly has nothing to do with terrorism Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco
That's got to be the answer..... Because it was such a peaceful region before, right? SMH
Military service isn't a "guaranteed" gig -- never was, never will be.

I dealt with too many Majors that asked to complete their 20 as enlisted men -- and you could count the ones that were worth a damn on less than 1 finger.
OldLRRP, you are just a tad more liberal than me! As you mentioned about oil, the US and Canada has more oil than OPEC. So, you have to ask.....for what self serving reason does this admin (Obama) suppress oil production?
What self serving reason does (Obama) have for weakening the military?
The anti Imprealism view point has gotten so radicalized that it is treason.

Protecting our country from all threats foreign and domestic....seems like it does not apply to this "transparent administration.

Oh, hello to all the agencies monotoring this rant which is just a personal opinion.
  • EZ.
  • 11-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Military service isn't a "guaranteed" gig -- never was, never will be.

I dealt with too many Majors that asked to complete their 20 as enlisted men -- and you could count the ones that were worth a damn on less than 1 finger. Originally Posted by MooneyFlyer
Maybe the best thing about being a lurp was we didn't have to jack with officers in the field. Our Commanding officer was a full bird and we reported directly to him. I learned that he gave orders that if we broke radio silence someone was to immediately notify him. He was usually on the heliport when any of his teams returned. How many Colonels would do that? We had a reunion a couple of weeks ago in New Orleans. His name came up continually. He got a field commission jumping on Normandy with the 101st.
  • EZ.
  • 11-16-2014, 01:51 PM
OldLRRP, you are just a tad more liberal than me! As you mentioned about oil, the US and Canada has more oil than OPEC. So, you have to ask.....for what self serving reason does this admin (Obama) suppress oil production?
What self serving reason does (Obama) have for weakening the military?
The anti Imprealism view point has gotten so radicalized that it is treason.

Protecting our country from all threats foreign and domestic....seems like it does not apply to this "transparent administration.

Oh, hello to all the agencies monotoring this rant which is just a personal opinion. Originally Posted by sparrow1122
Nobody has ever called me liberal before. Obama is the best thing that could have happened to the Republican party.
Agreed. Worst for the country, best for conservatives. Good for Hillary, she is not the ugliest on in the roim.