Canada's Top Court Strikes Down All Prostitution Laws

As well, they said their decision should be suspended for one year, meaning the laws will stand as they are until Parliament decides to amend the laws.
eh
Holy fuck! Awesome!

There is still a catch, though:

"As well, they said their decision should be suspended for one year, meaning the laws will stand as they are until Parliament decides to amend the laws."

This gives everyone an out while Parliament tries to get its shit together. If it was the U.S., gridlock would set in and this would all just expire. Not so sure about Canada.

rooster see's what I see LOL
I guess those of us that don't have Passports or "Enhanced Licenses" had better get our act together and start planning that long overdue Canadian Vacation.
I understand, but they have to start over and if their parliament is as dysfunctional as our congress, we can cross our fingers that nothing new will be passed. It's a start, and for once I see the glass as half full.
One word: wow
I'll reserve final judgement on a reaction until we see how it all pans out. But even as it stands now, its still a whole lot easier/safer to hobby in Canada without worrying about getting busted by cops.
I'm confused. I thought it was presently legal in Ontario as long as it's an outcall to your hotel?
I'm confused. I thought it was presently legal in Ontario as long as it's an outcall to your hotel? Originally Posted by Bushman69
It is. They are just expanding it and giving sex workers more rights and protections. And as expected Conservatives up there, like down here want no part of that. Those conservative folks, egged on by our religious types, love controlling what you do even though they will deny it.

Hobby wise Canadians have far more freedoms than us down here in uptight USA.
I guess those of us that don't have Passports or "Enhanced Licenses" had better get our act together and start planning that long overdue Canadian Vacation. Originally Posted by RochBob
Two words: "Nexus pass"!!!
Two words: "Nexus pass"!!! Originally Posted by pineappleguy
You do need to have a passport first to get Nexus, but the advantage of Nexus is that it provides not only expedited entry to/from Canada but also two additional bonuses for air travel: TSA PreCheck and Global Entry.
Kind of a free for all until it becomes structured

I believe the same thing happened the first time it went to court, it was legal with rules pending, then it went back to illegal waiting for a new court date.

I better get my retirement planned, because I am not sure I will want my SI no.recorded in this biz if that becomes an issue.

I wonder how they will structure it? Before, something was said that each municipality can have their own guidelines.
I find this Montreal Gazette editorial quite informative.
This is the danger ahead, our enemies want to come after us. Beware of the "Nordic Model":

http://www.equalitynow.org/sites/def...c_Model_EN.pdf
I wonder how they will structure it? Before, something was said that each municipality can have their own guidelines.
Originally Posted by Frankie Fine

If every municipality has it's own guidelines, they're going to think they can have their own licensing. And you end up with the nightmare they have in Alberta with every town hitting the girls for a grand a year license, and a 2500 buck fine if they get pinched without one. That's why Leah Monroe has to charge 300 an hour in Edmonton and only 180 in Niagara..