the Annual How are the Cowboys Going to do This Year? Thread

every year I make a prediction right before game one.. last year I woefully underestimated their eventual success. with Zeke seemingly on board for the whole season (?), here is my take.

10-6

a small downturn from last year.

tonight?

Cowboys 23

Giants 20
Looking a lot better now that Zeke gonna play.

11-5/12-4 at best.
Without Romo?

Better.

Is the QB that took them to the playoffs last year going to be starting?
I think Dak is healthy and starting.. how about some score predictions for tonight? and more season predictions? kind of need them done by tonight, to have much weight.
  • NYr
  • 09-10-2017, 11:33 AM
I Am just glad Zeke is playing so I Don't have to hear when the cowboys lose :'if zeke was playing we would have won. the league gave you the win" crap.

It will be a battle for the division between the Giants and the Cowboys. I think it will depend a lot on how Dak plays and whether he falls into the sophomore slump
I Am just glad Zeke is playing so I Don't have to hear when the cowboys lose :'if zeke was playing we would have won. the league gave you the win" crap.

It will be a battle for the division between the Giants and the Cowboys. I think it will depend a lot on how Dak plays and whether he falls into the sophomore slump Originally Posted by NYr
well said.. I want the Cowboys and Giants at full capacity this year, when key players miss games it's hard to evaluate one team vs. another.

and Dak? yes, I have a sneaking feeling he will lose some of his edge.. Sophomore slump, if you like.. which means Zeke needs to lead the league in rushing again, if 10-6 is viable.. I hope I'm wrong about Dak, he certainly surprised me last season.
Too much pressure on Manning going up against Zeke and Dak. I predict he will Romo this game. Boys 27 giants 13
Dak Prescott will be fine this season. You guys don't need to worry about him...he'll be prepared to take on all comers, week-in, week-out.

And Zeke will be fine, as well. That said, there could be a measurable drop off in offensive efficiency this season for the Cowboys. Part of that reasoning could be because of the two "questionable" replacement parts currently being fitted into their O-line (remember...Doug Free (OT) retired and they also lost starter (G-OT) Ron Leary to the Broncos in free agency during the off season).

For the record....including both of those players....the Cowboys will have NINE new starters on this year's roster.....that's quite a few considering they are the defending divisional champs. A retooled secondary is simply going to take time to gel. In tandem, two D-line starters (serving PED suspensions) will be missing tonight.

With a First Place schedule facing them in 2017 I would say a 10-6...maybe a 11-5 campaign is what we're looking at. Games outside the division (vs Green Bay, Atlanta, Oakland, Kansas City, and Seattle) won't be easy by any measure.

Taking into consideration the challenges already stated, a repeat of last year's 13-3 record would be very difficult. That said, their final record for 2017 should not be seen as a reflection of either Zeke or Dak taking a step back performance-wise from their successful rookie seasons. It could simply mean others around them did not step up and do their jobs.
I'm guessing a number of New Yorkers made a weekend out of flying here, and attending the Rangers/Yankees, and Cowboys/Giants games.. the Rangers just folded, 16-7, hopefully the Cowboys can plant a similar score on the Giants, LOL.. I'm still going with 23-20.
I Am just glad Zeke is playing so I Don't have to hear when the cowboys lose :'if zeke was playing we would have won. the federal court gave you the win" crap.

It will be a battle for the division between the Giants and the Cowboys. I think it will depend a lot on how Dak plays and whether he falls into the sophomore slump Originally Posted by NYr
Fixed it, the courts need their participation noted.

Against the Cowboys shit defense you got 3 points. 3.
How Sweet! THREE POINTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!

sad game, the Cowboys totally dominated. Manning is so overrated, granted Beckham was out, but that just exposed Eli for the weak QB he is
Fixed it, the courts need their participation noted. Originally Posted by pyramider

Sober up and stay outa Cowboy threads this season, bitch. Seriously...your hate babble has grown tiresome.....

I think it will depend a lot on how Dak plays and whether he falls into the sophomore slump Originally Posted by NYr
sophomore slump... Nice
Hoping it is just rust or nerves but between the audibles, off target passes, and couple "weak" throws has me a little less than optimistic...but a win is a win