The Economist - Calls for Legalization and Publishes Price Data

We have hit the mainstream, guys. I subscribe to The Economist, so I don't know if you can't get to all of this if you are a non-subscriber, but it is the cover story on this weeks edition, "The Sex Business: How Technology Is Liberating the World's Oldest Profession".

I've been debating with the people that want to treat all the women as victims and put all of the men in jail now in the comments section on the the first of two articles (A Personal Choice).
http://www.economist.com/news/leader...ts-should-stop

Second article includes a data analysis of "some review site active in America with 190,000 profiles" and has pricing data AND CHARTS, showing price variation for various services and how price varies based on physical characteristics. . so guys that keep bitching about pricing -- here is some real data now:
http://www.economist.com/news/briefi...bang-your-buck

Some people hate The Economist (I get it - they don't even tell you who writes the articles - everything is written in their collective editorial voice) - and they can get very preachy. But I think most of us on this site can agree they nailed this one. They called BS on the whole system.
Ah, well, Dorian . . . I never expected to measure up to you. What can I say?
  • Sonya
  • 08-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Just flew back from DC and i read it on the plane. Good article. Was pretty spot on.
This is like the marijuana thing. People have very very slowly been waking up to the fact that the government is not your friend, and you are better off running your own life. Still, it will be years before it is accepted in anyplace besides Nevada. These things take a lot of time, and a lot of people have to die off before they are given a chance.
I thought that when Obama was elected, knowing that it would be the most liberal administration ever . . .they would legalize everything, pot, same-sex marriage and consensual PFP like it is in Europe and Canada.

I have been deeply disappointed on this.
ICU liberals, just like the conservatives, are only interested in power. They talk a good game about human rights but if they actually expanded rights for people then that means they would have to cut back on the power of the government. And that is something they will never do.
Prostitution is not covered by any federal law unless it deals with crossing state lines.
It is up to each state to decide if they want to allow it or not. Nevada allows each county to decide.
Clark Count, where Vegas resides, does not allow prostitution as a legal means.

Until a few years ago, prostitution was legal but controlled in Rhode Island.

The excuse of prostitutes are victims does not apply to those that CHOOSE this as a profession. Those that are doing it against their will are victims and those that parlay that into profit should be dealt with to the fullest extent of the law.