What is Paige Morrow's status?

I received an e-mail from Paige's account, purporting to be from a friend, saying she was in a bit of a jam and in need of some money.

I was wondering whether anybody could confirm this, and confirm the identity of the friend (no names--a reputable provider vouching for the authenticity of the e-mail would be enough).

I do want to help if she needs it but if someone has, say, hacked her account to scam people, I don't want to help the scammer explot Paige.
I don't know what her status is, but I wouldn't do anything unless she contacts you directly via phone. Otherwise, it very well could be a scam. You can probably find her telephone number if you search her reviews and give her a call if you're really concerned.
  • fawn
  • 02-10-2011, 07:08 AM
I received an e-mail from Paige's account, purporting to be from a friend, saying she was in a bit of a jam and in need of some money.

I was wondering whether anybody could confirm this, and confirm the identity of the friend (no names--a reputable provider vouching for the authenticity of the e-mail would be enough).

I do want to help if she needs it but if someone has, say, hacked her account to scam people, I don't want to help the scammer explot Paige. Originally Posted by BenderUnit

I would be very careful my friend...There are a lot of people out there that will scam you.....May I ask, she must be a good friend of yours to have your email address and you just joined the board 10days ago and live out of state......What is she saying is wrong ?.....
I know who's accessing her acct and I know what kind of jam she's in and will only let seasoned eccie members know thru pm
I know who's accessing her acct and I know what kind of jam she's in and will only let seasoned eccie members know thru pm Originally Posted by civic
If you know who is accessing her account you need to forward that information to dallas@eccie.net.

Torito
Thanks all for the info. I am actually a longtime ECCIE/ASPD member though I don't post often. I live out-of-state currently but when I joined I lived in OK. I'm out of the hobby now but I enjoy reading the boards.

I will not take any further action unless I hear from Paige directly. As it stands this doesn't pass the sniff-check.