Do reference checks actually happen?

The other thread about reference checks got me wondering . . . I see a lot of providers asking for 2 or even 3 separate references. Now given the incredibly lazy nature of most providers to answer the email of potential clients or even answer the phone some times . . . I figure there's little chance they respond to the reference check requests of their fellow hookers. I could be wrong, so correct me ladies if there is this huge reference checking effort happening in the background that we know nothing about . . . but I doubt hookers who rarely answer the phone are much into helping their competition out.

Is that why they ask for 3 . . . so maybe one will respond?
I ask for 2 Provider References, some times 1, but I use other ways to verify.

I check a lot of other things out before I use a provider for a reference. From my experience, lately, either a provider does not respond in a timely manner (that day) or they do not remember the client at all. There are also providers who do not want to give a ref because they do not want to lose clients. I have also had an Eccie Member give me a provider ref in another state, the provider gave me an ok, and I was ripped off by the client. Come to find out, they were friends out side of the business and this was a set up they had going. And from listening to the other ladies, there are MANY men who have reviews, or okay's who have pulled some really crappy things. So, for me, calling a provider is the last effort I make. Besides that, most ladies are busy and do not have time to check emails and pm all day long.

If I see the handle has reviews, and the reviews are of well known providers on the board, then I am not going to call the lady. Most of the time, If a guy post a review and the lady has not seen him, she is quick to let it be known.

I have lots of ladies call me for a ref, so I know that ladies are doing it. I just think that references have become, in some cases, not so trust worthy and we are using different tools to get the info we feel comfortable with.
  • Trey
  • 08-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Not often do I get asked for refs. I guess they know they can call me out if I went crazy or something. I've only had one ask and I failed to pass LOL! Think I was victim of not wanting to lose the client or vengeance as I only saw the chick once. That kinda made me mad I gave up the p411. It really wasn't their fault but still pissed me off.
I would say 90% of the time ladies reply. Most want to have their reference requests replied too, so most will return the favor.
I check a lot of other things out before I use a provider for a reference. Originally Posted by NIKKILOVE
I agree. I use provider references as my last method of screening and never my first.

I've always thought it was funny has hell to place your life and freedom in the hands of a girl you know nothing about.

Frankly, many of the girls I have spoken to on phone over the years sound like they are sky high and I wouldn't trust them to babysit a full grown cat let along tell me what client is safe to see.
  • linux
  • 08-14-2012, 12:22 PM
I usually just tell providers to look at my reviews and knock themselves out. I'm not hiding anything.

If they need additional references of people I haven't reviewed (which is far more than I have) then I'll happily provide those as well.

I think the more comfortable the lady is the better off I am. I'm not trying to fool anybody.

I am curious about how many do check, though. Most of the time I'm "referenced" in a matter of minutes. But maybe it's because I've been around so long. I dunno. Has worked out so far.
I sometimes not call providers for reference check if he has reviews on the board with providers that are well known and always on the board to recognize a false review
Since I usually partake in the TS world, several providers won't see me.
Tell them to look at my posts and reviews of verified ECCIE providers. If that's not enough and start asking for anything else and prolonging my signature face poundings and ass lickings, I just move on to my next dirty girl.
Since I usually partake in the TS world, several providers won't see me. Originally Posted by ZedX79

You know, I never would have thought that would be an issue... Funny, the restrictions some put on others. Wonder if a TS has ever denied a guy for being with a strait girl? Who would have thunk it.

I have denied guys here on the board for the post they have made towards others on the board though, so I guess I can't judge.
  • Trey
  • 08-14-2012, 12:46 PM
So wakeup couldn't get none nikki?
So wakeup couldn't get none nikki? Originally Posted by trey

I don't have to ever worry about THAT. Sooo glad I am not his type.
So wakeup couldn't get none nikki? Originally Posted by trey
+1
If a guy has written 20 reviews I don't check references. I always check pm's and do reference checks for my fellow hookers. If I'm home and phone is off, pm is best alot of times! Even when I took 3 weeks off I gave references!
It's almost like going back to the old ways of screening.

If you're well known on the boards or have a lot of reviews you're in.

If you've met socially and had a conversation with a good vibe with a provider you're in. To me this is the most effective way of screening.

But with all that's been said in this thread, none of it is completely foolproof.