Last minute cancellations

Twice last week,2 different providers let me down .First one i booked at 9.30am for an 11.30am appt,told me to call back at 11am for address,since it was over 1/2 hour away from me i was already on the road when i called ,at 11am promp,she told me she had booked someone else since i didn't call back!!
Second lady,booked 24hrs in advance,and again it was a 2 stage call again for address when you get close,only to find they were unavailable ,never did pick up the phone or answer text.
I understand the need for the 2 stage booking,but this is not the first time i have been let down,anyone else had these problems?
Easy. Don't book with them again.

They get a lot of flakes too.
Twice last week,2 different providers let me down .First one i booked at 9.30am for an 11.30am appt,told me to call back at 11am for address,since it was over 1/2 hour away from me i was already on the road when i called ,at 11am promp,she told me she had booked someone else since i didn't call back!!
Second lady,booked 24hrs in advance,and again it was a 2 stage call again for address when you get close,only to find they were unavailable ,never did pick up the phone or answer text.
I understand the need for the 2 stage booking,but this is not the first time i have been let down,anyone else had these problems? Originally Posted by alsbass
I am actually OK with the 1st provider. She atleast answered your call and said she didnt want to see you as she booked one already. All I need is a provider to just say - sorry I cant see you - no reasons to be mentioned at all. Atleast I know then that I wont be seeing her.

But NCNSing - not responding to calls or texts - well, in this day and age of cellular wireless connectivity - it's just not acceptable. Really pisses one off.

Just call or text - even if it is at the last minute - "" sorry, cant see you "" !! Is that too much to ask of both the providers or hobbyists ??
Sounds like you have had the poor luck of running into two flakey providers back to back
I can understand if someone needs to cancel. I, for one, can't recall having to cancel on anyone. Maybe postpone, but not cancel. But if you do have to cancel, call the other party and let them know about said cancellation. It is completely unprofessional to just not answer, especially when a person is already on their way, or there. I have had people call and cancel on me, mostly because something came up with the SO or work. It is totally understandable. But communication is KEY
I had one postponed recently, but I'm confident the make up will totally be worth it.

Real life happens. Everyone has responsibilties. I will never hold it against a girl as long as the communication is good. If you don't have the decency to call and tell me what's up and reschedule, I'm going to explore other options.
I had a provider once tell me she was already booked but to send her a picture of me and if I was hotter she would see me instead. Now that's what you want to hear!
oh i hate when girls do stuff like that, i have had trouble with guys wanting the address from the get go, ive been around too long, and so have most of these hobby men, it upsets me b/c then the next time a man wants to see a girl he will be apprehensive of the three call system. I had a guy yesterday that went off on me b/c i wouldnt give him my address. too bad those girls burned you like that, i wish there was some way we could all work in peace....
This seems to happen more frequently when an appointment is pre booked too far out, like the following week. It also seems to happen when a provider will not commit to a appt time. Instead, they will say things like "How about 2 hours from now" or about 3ish, etc. I am always concerned when scheduling and the above happens. My 2 cents worth....buyer beware.
I think its all about the quality of the provider. Reputation is everything in this business, and I never want to be known as a flake. In three years I have never canceled on a client.
I've had great luck booking a week out. I also don't mind a 2 or 3 call system. If you flake on me or double book, don't expect to hear from me again. It's a simple system but it works. I also don't post about flakes; its their loss. I'm an awesome guy. You lose out, no worries for me.
I had a provider once tell me she was already booked but to send her a picture of me and if I was hotter she would see me instead. Now that's what you want to hear! Originally Posted by Brass Balls
You send your pic...what if you never hear from her again?
Ironic.

I can understand if someone needs to cancel. I, for one, can't recall having to cancel on anyone. Maybe postpone, but not cancel. But if you do have to cancel, call the other party and let them know about said cancellation. It is completely unprofessional to just not answer, especially when a person is already on their way, or there. I have had people call and cancel on me, mostly because something came up with the SO or work. It is totally understandable. But communication is KEY Originally Posted by PetiteJill
I got cancelled on because someone had a hard workout one time. No advanced notice.

Then book another time with same girl and was 'crisply' canceled on again after a scheduling conflict.
Things must be picking up in provider world.. similar run of events with me today... glad they are getting their business back but hope they don't burn to many bridges doing it... what the fu*k am I talking about... they have thousands of bridges and more be built each day, just look at the sign up list.