Karbach Craft beer.

So, anyone here sad/angry that Anheuser-Busch InBev is acquiring Houston's Karbach craft beer company? Me thinks the hipsters are having a fit, ha!
I see this whole sector ripe for consolidation.
Some investor will start buying up all these little guys and take it public.
Why didn't I think of that?

The big boys in the beer industry ain't stupid.
Distribution is the key in Texas.

Fuck the beer snobs and hipsters.
Yeah, fuck the hipsters! They think Pabst blue ribbon is good beer. Wtf do they know?
I really hope the quality of the beer doesn't deteriorate. I go to Karbach very often and have been a fan for years(Love Street is a fav). Hoping it doesn't become too corporate.

Side note: PBR is disgusting
WHO thinks PBR is good? It sells because of the price, not the quality. Haven't had it since I was in college and we would buy ANYTHING that was under $5 for a 12-pak! Pearl, "Nasty-lite", PBR, Busch. When we felt rich at the beginning of the month and after rent was paid, we'd splurge on Michelob or Heineken.
It pisses me off because the quality of the product will inevitably decline. The first thing the new corporate owners will do is figure out where they can cut costs. Quality ingredients and knowledgeable employees will be the first to go. AB will quickly squeeze all of the "craft" out of the beer, and soon Hopadillo will be indistinguishable from Bud Light. There's zero chance that anything good will come of this for anyone but the parties to the deal. Hopefully, if the Karbach sellers are not completely satiated by all the cash they will surely receive - and after their non-competes expire - they'll return to brewing quality beer. They do a pretty fucking good job of it.
I think I will withhold my judgement till a few months pass by.

My understanding of the deal is that ABinBEV will be fairly hands off but will help them to increase capacity and provide the cash for the new distribution building they are building next to the canning building. In addition, this will increase their ability to distribute their products in a much larger area than before.

What would the point be to take a high priced beer that they can make a lot more per can than the normal ditch water they sell and turn it into a failure. I am sure there are the purists that believe that they will no longer be a craft beer establishment. Those people don't understand what it takes to become successful and probably will vote for Hillary.

What does a 12 pack of that ditch piss they sell called Lite cost?
I think I will withhold my judgement till a few months pass by.

My understanding of the deal is that ABinBEV will be fairly hands off but will help them to increase capacity and provide the cash for the new distribution building they are building next to the canning building. In addition, this will increase their ability to distribute their products in a much larger area than before.

What would the point be to take a high priced beer that they can make a lot more per can than the normal ditch water they sell and turn it into a failure. I am sure there are the purists that believe that they will no longer be a craft beer establishment. Those people don't understand what it takes to become successful and probably will vote for Hillary.

What does a 12 pack of that ditch piss they sell called Lite cost? Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Well said.
ABinBEV did a good thing. They probably saved Karbach. The big fish will swallow the small fish. The craft brewers are having a hard raising capital to expand. Banckers realize that craft beer drinckers are not brand loyal and want the newest beer. We will see more craft brewers being bought by larger labels.
Shiner Beer is next gents, just you wa5ch!