Best way to get to Texas City tomorrow without getting on 45

I am going to Texas City tomorrow and a little worried 45 may be a nightmare because of the bike rally.

I have looked on google maps, but I have to admit, I am terrible at trying to find different routes and just with maps in general, I suck.

I am hoping someone may be able to give me some insight as to the best route for me to take from downtown to Texas city.

Thanks in advance. I'll be leaving downtown around 11am Saturday.

texas city.jpg
You can take hwy 35 like you're going to Alvin and take a left when you hit hwy 517 . 517 will take you to Dickinson and will take you to 45 . You'll only be on 45 south for a couple of miles before you hit the Texas city exit .
610 or Beltway east to 225. 225 east to Hwy 146. South on 146 through LaPorte, Clear Lake and straight to Texas City. Continue on and it joins 45 just north of the Galveston Causeway.
Go to Baytown.....get on a boat.....go to Texas City
Does a Texas City dyke smell like the BP plant?
Yeah, 225 east to 146 south is best route. I think 45 is closed today. Or at least a portion of it.
Yeah, 225 east to 146 south is best route. I think 45 is closed today. Or at least a portion of it. Originally Posted by charcoal
Only the portion of 45 between I-10 and 59 going through downtown is closed. I think they're closing it every other week through December. Traffic's gonna be fucked up.
Why would anyone go to Texas City?
288-2004
Why would anyone go to Texas City? Originally Posted by pyramider
Entertainment, shimmering beaches, cobalt waters, 5 star dining and hotel experiences.
Entertainment, shimmering beaches, cobalt waters, 5 star dining and hotel experiences. Originally Posted by Slitlikr
Sarcasm?

There's nothing great about the water around Houston. I would suggest not letting it get on you. Ever.
So how was the museum??

Lol .. you guys never disappoint. I had no idea there were so many routes to get to the bay/beach area. I took the 146 to 225 route ... or was it 225 to 146? ...lol ... either way, I made it.

Anyways it was awesome. The city sponsored an event called "touch a truck"

Thanks for the input y'all!!!!

touch1.jpg

touch.jpg

touch3.jpg

touch4.jpg

touch5.jpg