Ladies: Do You Accept Unpaid Meet&Greets?

Had a request from a new client that at first wanted me to come to his hotel for a massage, then said his hotel is too "high class". So he wanted me to meet him at a bar for some drinks. I told him I charge by the hour and he agreed.

After getting more information from him, I found out he just wanted to sit down and talk over drinks to get to know each other, then next time he's in town we can do our thing. I told him I can't just go there and sit with him for who knows how long without getting compensated for it. Of course his feelings were hurt.

Am I wrong for not going out and getting drinks with this guy? I already turned down one appointment because I had already per-booked Mr. Meet&Greet.
  • jwj6o
  • 09-12-2013, 05:50 PM
you should have took the appointment it was money, and told the new client you can,t make it, it also sounds like he was setting you up, be careful and be safe, use your gut feeling on this next time.
HIS hotel is too high class? Really? That infers you don't know how to dress and act in a four-star setting. That's just rude. Is this an Eccie member?

In addition, IMO, he is very presumptuous by expecting you to be his free eye-candy while he is in town on business.

If he wants to shop, let him read reviews and look at showcases. This isn't the dating game. Money is for companionship only. That includes a one on one meet & greet. The exception would be if YOU requested a M&G for screening purposes.

You did the right thing. This is my opinion.

Huck
  • LNK
  • 09-12-2013, 05:55 PM
If you told him you charge by the hour and he indicated he understood that, you should have gone, told him you wanted your fee upfront, and if he balked, turn around and walk out. Or stay and make him buy you nice appetizers and expensive drinks. Would have only cost you a little gas and time at that point, and you might have gotten paid.

And if your phone would have bleeped with another appointment request, you could have said, "Sorry, got a paying customer to see!" with a dazzling smile, smooched his ear, and left.
  • Old-T
  • 09-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Had a request from a new client that at first wanted me to come to his hotel for a massage, then said his hotel is too "high class". So he wanted me to meet him at a bar for some drinks. I told him I charge by the hour and he agreed.

After getting more information from him, I found out he just wanted to sit down and talk over drinks to get to know each other, then next time he's in town we can do our thing. I told him I can't just go there and sit with him for who knows how long without getting compensated for it. Of course his feelings were hurt.

Am I wrong for not going out and getting drinks with this guy? I already turned down one appointment because I had already per-booked Mr. Meet&Greet. Originally Posted by MaryBeth
From what you describe I would guess he is a window shopper. Very possibly a guy who has never actually had a session and this is his way of easing into it.

A few red flags called out. First the cluelessness that your time is valuable. Occasionally I have done a short M&G with a lady I had not met before, but it was always15-20 min, and the plan (as we both had agreed to) was for a couple hours immediately following the M&G unless one of us had reason to cut it short based upon the meeting. I have never asked for such an arrangement but occasionally I have had a new lady feel more comfortable knowing that she could call it off without any qualms after seeing me. I can't imagine a lady agreeing to an audition for a possible date sometime in the future.

But quite honestly I would have not even allowed him to go that far. He said his hotel is "too high class"?!?!?!?!? That is complete BS. I have entertained ladies at some of the most high-end hotels and B&Bs in DC, NYC, and elsewhere. Sure, I ask her not to wear Daisy Duke shorts and flip-flops that evening, but assuming she knows how to behave like a reasonable person--which they can typically do better than I can--the stature of the hotel should never be an issue. In fact I usually stay at a better class hotel if I have a lady scheduled to come over than if I don't--it's a male ego thing, trying to impress a lady. The "too high class" comment alone shouts out that he is either clueless, not serious, or both.
  • LNK
  • 09-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Hm. I seem to have missed the "high class" bit.

Schmuck. Ignore.
Occasionally I have done a short M&G with a lady I had not met before, but it was always15-20 min, and the plan (as we both had agreed to) was for a couple hours immediately following the M&G unless one of us had reason to cut it short based upon the meeting. I have never asked for such an arrangement but occasionally I have had a new lady feel more comfortable knowing that she could call it off without any qualms after seeing me. Originally Posted by Old-T
My experiences match Old-T's listed above exactly. "off the clock" M&G's have always been with the expectation that if we both felt comfortable after meeting, we'd follow immediately with a session and donation.
Let me ask you this: how would you react to him saying you're not good enough to visit him at his hotel if this weren't pay for play? Would you still want to meet with him?

Like others have said, he had no respect for you or your time. And no one pays you to deal with disrespect. Learn to do what feels good as a woman, and you'll feel great about the decisions you make as a Companion.

HIS hotel is too high class? Really? That infers you don't know how to dress and act in a four-star setting. That's just rude. Is this an Eccie member?

In addition, IMO, he is very presumptuous by expecting you to be his free eye-candy while he is in town on business.

If he wants to shop, let him read reviews and look at showcases. This isn't the dating game. Money is for companionship only. That includes a one on one meet & greet. The exception would be if YOU requested a M&G for screening purposes.

You did the right thing. This is my opinion.

Huck Originally Posted by urhuckleberry

amen!
Am I wrong for not going out and getting drinks with this guy? I already turned down one appointment because I had already per-booked Mr. Meet&Greet. Originally Posted by MaryBeth
No, you're not wrong.
Wait, I thought all we ever paid for was a ladies time? Because paying for sex is against the law right... therefore he should be paying for any time you are with him.

HB
Time is money.
I always meet/greet at a nearby restaurant/bar or in the hotel lobby under the premise we go to the room if we connect on some level. So far, I've never been disappointed and went home alone... As far as the hotel being too high class, what a dickhead, maybe for him it was, hahaha.

The best times I've ever had we're long lunch and cocktails, then uhhum, back to the room... Everyone is different though
I cancelled the paid appointment before I knew the new guy only wanted a free meeting
Taint is money. Originally Posted by pyramider
Fixed that for you!!