Getting references after a long absence

Anyone here remember me from ASPD? It's been a few years, and I'm admittedly a little rusty. So you are all pre-forgiven for the flame war that will probably follow this innocent question.

I see a few familiar handles, maybe some others have changed to a new one. I've decided to keep mine, mostly because I'm too lazy to think of a new and more memorable handle.

So, the question is: what is the latest conventional wisdom about getting re-established after a lengthy absence?

Comments about what has changed and what has stayed the same since the goodle days will also be welcome.

Perspiring minds want to know!
I would try to find some providers you've seen before and revisit them.
If that's not possible,see a couple newbie friendly providers,and
re-establish yourself that way. Welcome Back.
Thanks for the welcome, Rocketride. It's great to be back!

Looks like I was able to dig up enough references to get started again. And it only took me all day!

Thanks to all who responded with words of support. You know who you are, and I will remember you.
Ladies I can vouch for this gentleman I have seen him before back in Aspd days and he's a great guy!

Great providers have great memories have a great day everyone
Thanks for the vouch, Absolutely.

A-hobbying I will go!
welcome sugar!
Thanks for the welcome, DallasRain. Highway to hell, huh? Interesting concept, and very artfully done on your web site. The road goes on forever, and the party never ends.
Many of us are leftovers from ASPD. Mostly we've just repaid our dues by starting out with a newbie friendly provider or agency. I started with an agency.
If I could use my ASPD credentials from way back when I was far busier in the hobby I'd be one of the upper tier Mongers in terms of being established.
Thanks for the welcome, DallasRain. Highway to hell, huh? Interesting concept, and very artfully done on your web site. The road goes on forever, and the party never ends. Originally Posted by ozmosys
THX!
Glad to see you again. I have resurfaced after a long absence - hope you are well!

Lana M
Hi Lana! Glad to see you here, too! I was trying to remember your handle yesterday, and my first thought was right, but I didn't trust my memory. But I remember very clearly, a concert at Stubbs, where you relayed my message to the opening singer-songwriter that I wanted to have her baby. Followed by an outstanding performance by a dynamic duo, who are sadly no longer together. Then a mad dash to HEB for gastronomic delicacies, followed by a night of delightful decadence, punctuated by the consumption of said delicacies. Am I right, or was it all just a wonderful dream?