Video comparing juggling regular life vs hobby

It's not hobby specific but shows the dangers of this lifestyle.

Double click on the 3-way street video image to fill your screen. It's only 3 minutes long and DEFINITELY worth the watch.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...-scary-traffic

Does anyone else feel like a pedestrian on a busy crosswalk sometimes?
Good grief. I'm surprised no one got hurt in that video.
Yes, I feel like a pedestrian at a busy crosswalk.....waiting to get blindsided. You know it's coming, just don't know from where or when.
Looks like the cyclist are the majority of the problem causers.

So how would that compare to hobby land? Just curious what your thoughts are on that. (and no - I never would have thought off the top of my head to make the connection between a crazy intersection and hobby life.)
So how would that compare to hobby land? Just curious what your thoughts are on that. (and no - I never would have thought off the top of my head to make the connection between a crazy intersection and hobby life.) Originally Posted by tntangie

I'll never let my hobby life get that hectic. It's just not worth it to me...
I'll never let my hobby life get that hectic. It's just not worth it to me... Originally Posted by jeenababy1
Amen, sister!
Mine is certainly not that chaotic. But, there is also the subtle anxiety of getting blindsided by something! Emailing the wrong person, leaving a computer screen open that should be private, etc.
I'm one of those pedestrians. Except I'm also juggling fire sticks, have one eye closed, wearing a "hit me" sign, and texting.
In China it’s much worse and dangerous and people are crossing highways with multiple lanes one lane at a time when cars are doing 70-80MPH!
I agree with nbs. It also looks like a quite day in Mexico City. That place gets crazy!
That video makes sense if you categorize each of the components. In NYC, the ones in cars are looking for a parking place, the ones walking left their apartments and are on their way to work, the bicyclists are hobbyists on their way to an appointment.
When I was living in Boca Raton, FL a few years ago I was completely appalled at the number of people walking around and the MANY different people running red lights at 60mph on a 30 mph road!! Tons of pedestrians, tons of children crossing a major intersection at A1A & Palmetto and NO ONE paying attention to what the other person was really doing. It's a real eye opener to just sit and watch the crowd.

I definitely see the comparison Braveheart. Thanks for bringing a different view from another perspective! *grin*

Stay Safe and Have Fun!!
X O Sadie
"As untouched as an Asian turn signal."
they should fire the infrastructure manager lol