Now that I am here.....

I am here visiting and don't normally get out much. So this time I am on a mission to find the best mom and pop l BBQ place in kc. Who better to as other than you guys. Pm or post here.
http://bbslawnsidebbq.com/

B.B.'s Lawnside BBQ

have fun babe
In KC it's more along the lines of the best one nearby, as there's a good handful with another couple handfuls of runner-ups.
Most are not mom & pop places though
Joe's (Oklahoma Joe's) (3 locations)
Fiorella's (Jack Stack)
Danny Edwards (Son of Jake)

Couple runners up:
Q39, never been there, but a friend who judges that swears by it. They use Black Angus beef.
And Dee's fav:
BB's
I would go there hands down when they have a decent live blues show going
Awesome....I have to try it.
Blind Box in Shawnee nice, more upscale than dive. It's mom and pop. Actually 2 brothers.

I've heard one in Merriam is excellent, I believe it's called the Wood Stack or something like that. On Merriam Drive.

Lots of good BBQ and everyone has their opinion.
RJ's Bob-B-Que in Mission
Woodyard Bar-B-Que in KCK on Merriam
Rosedale Barbeque in KCK on SW Blvd
Danny Edwards BBQ in KCMO on SW Blvd
Thank you so much. I may be eating a lot of BBQ : )
I may want to see you on this visit. If youveat alot of bbq, hold back on the baked beans normally served as a side. Im interested in some extended dato play.
Arthur bryants
Nyceguy...this chick will rock your world...I can vouch for that...she is one of my FAVE doubles partners....she was so sweet to me and drove from Dallas to Lafayette La just to be my doubles partner for a very special gent of mine!
LC's for a dive. Jack Stack for more upscale.
Nyceguy...this chick will rock your world...I can vouch for that...she is one of my FAVE doubles partners....she was so sweet to me and drove from Dallas to Lafayette La just to be my doubles partner for a very special gent of mine! Originally Posted by DallasRain
You have no room to talk babe. You are amazing!!!! You are my fave and would do that anytime for you.
Roscoe's. Mom and Pop as they come. Roscoe and son cooks...wife and daughter work the front counter. Very limited hours. Awesome burnt ends and ribs...but call ahead and reserve the B/E's as they sell out quickly!

http://www.roscoeskcbbq.com/
Smoking guns BBQ north town off Swift