gifts..

Ladies.. have you ever trash-canned a gift that was given to you ? .. If so , what was it?
I prefer and usually seem to get either edible gifts or gift cards. Never trashed one!
I never understood the gift thing with providers. I can understand it with a SO in hopes of more nookie or naughtier nookie.

Can someone enlighten me on the point?
well , I always gift people.. in all walks of life , with Vodka. I was just curious if some the ladies received a gift they didnt like
I think that if I were to be unhappy with a present it would be more likely to be in regular life. If someone knows me well and is very thoughtless (I would rather not receive anything than get a "fuck you" gift lol) maybe I would pass it along to someone else.

But if someone in the hobby brings me a present it is always a happy surprise. It is that same feeling you got when you were little, or for me it is anyway. It doesn't even matter what is inside it is just nice that someone thought of you!
I have never had to trash gifts. Usually regulars surprise me with flowers, victoria's secret or bath and body works.
I never understood the gift thing with providers. I can understand it with a SO in hopes of more nookie or naughtier nookie.

Can someone enlighten me on the point? Originally Posted by Biggayal
It's a personal preference, I'm sure. To a gentleman such as yourself who may only care about what he can get from me, perhaps giving gifts does not make sense.

But to my regulars who have gotten to know me, or even new clients who might hope to become regulars, the knowledge that a little token of affection makes me feel special and appreciated and makes me smile is just reward for the cost and effort. And they know that I will treat them especially well in return.

And to answer the OP, no, I have never trashed a gift, and I consider the thought of doing so tacky. Anyone who has given me a non-perishable gift can probably still see it in my incall, perhaps well-used and appreciated.
It's a personal preference, I'm sure. To a gentleman such as yourself who may only care about what he can get from me, perhaps giving gifts does not make sense.

But to my regulars who have gotten to know me, or even new clients who might hope to become regulars, the knowledge that a little token of affection makes me feel special and appreciated and makes me smile is just reward for the cost and effort. And they know that I will treat them especially well in return.

And to answer the OP, no, I have never trashed a gift, and I consider the thought of doing so tacky. Anyone who has given me a non-perishable gift can probably still see it in my incall, perhaps well-used and appreciated. Originally Posted by tracibrooks
Thanks for the info Traci.
I am still fairly new to the hobby so I appreciate your honesty.

So basically when one becomes a regular, a gift is more appropriate since there is some level of relationship there? And you do reciprocate in some fashion just as a SO would. I have to find a gal that I click with well enough. I guess I'll keep looking!
Thanks for the info Traci.
I am still fairly new to the hobby so I appreciate your honesty.

So basically when one becomes a regular, a gift is more appropriate since there is some level of relationship there? And you do reciprocate in some fashion just as a SO would. I have to find a gal that I click with well enough. I guess I'll keep looking! Originally Posted by Biggayal
No problem, I'm glad I could help. Good luck, and welcome to hobbyland.

But to my regulars who have gotten to know me, or even new clients who might hope to become regulars, the knowledge that a little token of affection makes me feel special and appreciated and makes me smile is just reward for the cost and effort. And they know that I will treat them especially well in return. Originally Posted by tracibrooks
+1!
To the OP,

Never have I trashed a gift, even if its one I don't need, use, allergic to, etc. I appreciate and am truly flattered when a gent gives me a gift. It means a lot to me when he has taken the time go pick something up. Makes me appreciate him even more.

To Biggayal,

You ask the questions," So basically when one becomes a regular, a gift is more appropriate since there is some level of relationship there? And you do reciprocate in some fashion just as a SO would.'

A client never HAS to give gifts, its something that he WANTS to do. I never expect gifts, but as I said above, its appreciated when it happens. Now for your second question. When someone gives you a gift, do you reciprocate? I was always under the assumption that one gives a gift because they want to. I give gifts to my friends all the time and never expect anything back in return.

And......welcome to the hobby, hope you find it enjoyable and don't become jaded.
I love giving as well as receiving. I have never trashed a gift,but I have regifted some perfume that I didn't care much for. I once received half my donation in gift cards,LOL.
I guess I'm just as clueless on this gift giving...but from the opposing view. I probably over-give. But if one is using a gift in hope of gaining extra "favors"...then it's not a gift. It's a thinly veiled effort to buy enhanced favor in the eyes of the lady.

When I give a gift, it's without any expectation of something in return. It's out of my care, appreciation, or respect for the lady.

Let me share a recent example. I initiated contact with a young lady and actually arranged for her to travel to my city for our first date. With a couple if weeks to wait, we began to exchange emails, and I was very fortunate to learn that she loved corsets. I found one I thought she might like, and sent it to her prior to our date. I honestly feel I received more enjoyment in giving than she did in receiving. But what it did was help make a great date even better. I hope she saw the gift not as an effort to manipulate her, or to earn extra favors...but instead, that I valued her willingness to see me, and gave it with nothing extra expected.

But in this hobby, just as in life, if you can truly give with no expectation if something in return, you will be surprised that in the end you receive the bigger gift. I know I did.
I guess I'm just as clueless on this gift giving...but from the opposing view. I probably over-give. But if one is using a gift in hope of gaining extra "favors"...then it's not a gift. It's a thinly veiled effort to buy enhanced favor in the eyes of the lady.

When I give a gift, it's without any expectation of something in return. It's out of my care, appreciation, or respect for the lady.

Let me share a recent example. I initiated contact with a young lady and actually arranged for her to travel to my city for our first date. With a couple if weeks to wait, we began to exchange emails, and I was very fortunate to learn that she loved corsets. I found one I thought she might like, and sent it to her prior to our date. I honestly feel I received more enjoyment in giving than she did in receiving. But what it did was help make a great date even better. I hope she saw the gift not as an effort to manipulate her, or to earn extra favors...but instead, that I valued her willingness to see me, and gave it with nothing extra expected.

But in this hobby, just as in life, if you can truly give with no expectation if something in return, you will be surprised that in the end you receive the bigger gift. I know I did. Originally Posted by wp55285

No such thing as over-giving.

That's one lucky lady...
we began to exchange emails, and I was very fortunate to learn that she loved corsets. I found one I thought she might like, and sent it to her prior to our date. Originally Posted by wp55285
You must be very brave/lucky. I would never ask for the lady's address. Maybe she had a PO Box, but still...