Biden wants $ 15 minimum wage

That would be $ 31,200 per year for your cheapest employee.

If you earn 10% margin on your sales, you will have to sell over $ 300,000 worth of stuff to cover the cost of each employee.

Joe, that is not going to work. Small business are struggling to make sales. Democrats do not understand business. they think everything is a money tree and money comes out of nowhere.
What would happen is business owners would move towards technology. They would purchase more iPads and restaurants would have the user order the meal from the iPad.
the only problem with the min wage going up to 15 an hour is that companies wont want to give their employees a full 40 hr a week, like Target, they only schedule their employees a min of 6 hrs a day not the 8 hrs becuase of the high min wage they already pay (15 hourly) cashiers and stockers. They try to cut the hours as much as they can.
the whole purpose of raising the min wage to 15 is to destroy the many small business in the U.S. the only ones who can afford it are the big box chains and corporations. they apparently want to dominate that part of the market they could not otherwise enter.

raising it has costs. it did not improve lives in seattle when they did it.
I served in the US Navy for 20 years, I exited with five disabilities and a pension. I get around $19k a year. I am also an organic farmer and a beekeeper. Our farm income rarely goes over $2,000 a year.

I know a lot of other farmers, some take in 'apprentices'. These apprentices get free room & board, they are expected to plant crops, pull weeds and harvest crops. Each week each apprentice will load up a truck with veggies and they take them to a Farmers Market where they spend the day as a vendor. This program has been administered by our regional Organic Certifying agency [MOFGA https://www.mofga.org/apprenticeship/ ] since the 1970s. The Apprentices do not earn minimum wage. For most of them, this is their only chance to become a farmer someday.

A farmer who earns $15k a year and is supporting his family, who then brings in two apprentices can not pay the apprentices $30k a year.
My understanding of the Biden proposal is it only applies to Federal Govt employees. That the misunderstanding that the $15 an hour min wage applies to everyone is a "feature."
He can only mandate for Federal

I bet he doesn't even know that.

No business is going to reopen if they have to pay 15 an hour to a job that is for uneducated people.

Min wage is a first job. You get it to learn and grow.
Now idiots think a living wage needs to be had from flipping burgers.

Liberals will kill the economy just like retarded Carter.
My understanding of the Biden proposal is it only applies to Federal Govt employees. That the misunderstanding that the $15 an hour min wage applies to everyone is a "feature." Originally Posted by gnadfly

uh no. this is about govt. contracts on unions with minimum wage standard. the latter part you mentioned is a feature.

this is a union suck up job, er blow job.
1. This should be in political form.
2. Not everyone works full-time that it, almost every job I had was part time or had over time.
3.The average income in america is over 50k.
4. Been to Canada that had much higher minwager lines. Every where employee are 100% productive.
5. With inflation to get what Berne propose 5 plus years ago. Would have to have a $35 minwager.
6. Many places have a $15 minwager.
7. 10% not profit margin.
8.does bathroom need cleaning daily, does spills need to wrap up every hour, do cashier need to stand there with smile when no line. $15 minwager doable but. Will cause few hardship.
They should give it to him!! I think that would be a bargain!!
I’m a republican small business owner. I don’t have a problem with $15 an hour. My experience is you get what you pay for. If a $15 an hour employee isn’t working hard enough to justify it, fire him.
I’m a republican small business owner. I don’t have a problem with $15 an hour. My experience is you get what you pay for. If a $15 an hour employee isn’t working hard enough to justify it, fire him. Originally Posted by Charley3
if they do that, then about 80% of the fast food workers would be fired...
if they do that, then about 80% of the fast food workers would be fired... Originally Posted by cableguy12
What about cable guys last time I check rakers only made 10.92 and that union.
Other wages, I believe, revolve around the min wage.
So when the min wage doubles, not right away, but other wages also double!
Humm? I wonder what union workers could be making in a few yrs?
Cost of goods/services?

If I'm wrong about this someone please share!