Change "read receipt" default on messages

Don't remember if I asked this question previously in this national forum or on our local Kansas City forum... Would there be any thought to changing the default selection on requesting read receipts on sent messages? Make the user select that they want a read receipt, rather than it defaulting to requesting one?

If the default can't be changed, then move the checkbox for "unchecking" the selection to the top of the message where it can be seen more readily prior to hitting SEND?

Thanks...
  • YoHou
  • 09-03-2015, 02:40 AM
I don't think there's an option to remove this and the admins would have to modify the actual code to uncheck it.

I made it work by using userscripts which requires a new addon/extension on your browser.

This will not work on mobile unless your mobile browser supports userscripts.

Firefox Instructions
  1. Install the Greasemonkey addon
  2. Install the script by clicking here and you will see a popup with a countdown timer, click INSTALL after it's done. (Screenshot)
  3. Click here to open a blank pm and verify that the READ RECEIPT checkbox is unchecked.

Chrome Instructions
  1. Install the Tampermonkey extension
  2. Install the script by clicking here and you will see a new tab open up. Click INSTALL and close that tab. (Screenshot)
  3. Click here to open a blank pm and verify that the READ RECEIPT checkbox is unchecked.

I can not make it any easier than that.

Let me whether it works for you or now.