Baton Rouge

Kip has put in effort, and has done well for the downtown area. He has a vision for the city.
Also, the developments around Perkins and bluebonnet since the mall was built are nice.
This is the capital, and much of the city shows neglect.
But, I can remember when the only entertainment down town was the kid and catfish town.
(And coffee call). We still have a long way to go to catch up with other cities our size.

So ready for jindal to go.

Who would vote for kip? I would :-) Originally Posted by April Cox
Agree with everything you said April!
Agree with everything you said April! Originally Posted by ilovethemgirls68
but he has increased my taxes for nothing extra provided. The downtown investment is mostly private.
but he has increased my taxes for nothing extra provided. The downtown investment is mostly private. Originally Posted by David-Louisiana
And, there is more to BR than downtown also. The city has a long way to go for sure.
I love BR too! College towns always have the best places to eat and drink. Plus killer food & drink specials!
I love BR too! College towns always have the best places to eat and drink. Plus killer food & drink specials! Originally Posted by NikkiSecrets
You been in la long enough, I hope you are paying income tax and not just mooching off our economy.
You been in la long enough, I hope you are paying income tax and not just mooching off our economy. Originally Posted by April Cox

I'll disregard your silly comment. Please do not quote any of my comments that are not directed towards you. You can't say anything on this website without some miserable person chiming in on your opinion. Please do us a favor and don't say anything if you don't have anything nice to say! I hope you have a wonderful week!!
She has to be paying buying stuff and paying sales taxes. That helps the local economy and helps fund local government.
She has to be paying buying stuff and paying sales taxes. That helps the local economy and helps fund local government. Originally Posted by turbo-dog
But why would it be any of her concern? Unless she's governor of Louisiana!
Suppose I should show more compassion toward homeless hos
She has to be paying buying stuff and paying sales taxes. That helps the local economy and helps fund local government. Originally Posted by turbo-dog
My curious question is, where are those tax dollars being spent?

The roads are in poor condition, the school system has been failing for 20 years at least, BR is the murder Capitol per capita.

There have been some improvements, we are not nearly where we should be considering this is not just the Capitol but also home to a very large refinery.

I also personally feel that "Hollywood south" was a mistake. It does not generate the jobs and revenue as predicted, and the "tax credits" cost more than they produce.
Suppose I should show more compassion toward homeless hos Originally Posted by April Cox
Hunny please keep your assumtions to yourself. You do not know me nor do you know my situation, BUT you may know my grandma! This is so cute! Is someone upset I've made your state home? I swear no one can be active on this board without some unhappy individual criticizing someone they have no clue about. I'm never one for drama but please don't antagonize me! FYI this ho isn't homeless never has been and never will be. And that's all folks!
It's actually sound advice. Just file 1099. I'm not saying you do or don't, however, if you do, you will be happy that you did when you are ready to buy a house here, or anywhere.

Yes, imma old ho!!!
Thanks for the advice but I don't need it! Have a stupendous day!! Smooches! ��
My advice don't make assumptions that you have no idea about lady!
I absolutely love Baton Rouge! Its my number 1 place to be, I wish I could live here its just way too far so I moving somewhere closer to here and home!