Anyone get the new Apple Watch 5 yet?

I preordered mine months ago and just got mine yesterday. I had a series 3 that only lasted 6 months before the screen cracked. Hopefully this one will last longer.

I am ready to show it off to some ladies in fort worth!!

Some people like to spend their money on collecting guns, gold, silver, ect. I spend my money through other hobbies (eg. electronics, company).

What do you think about Apple products?
I used to buy Android smartphones. Not the expensive $1000 Samsung phones but the $200-$300 smartphones. What I found is that they stopped working within a year and I would have to buy a new phone.

I grew tired of buying a new phone every year so I bought an Apple iPhone. So far, it's already lasted me longer than any of the Android phones I've ever owned. The quality seems much better too. I also prefer the Apple phone apps over the Android apps. I've never owned an Apple computer but I've been told that their computers last longer too.

People used to mock Apple for selling overpriced products to pretentious yuppies & hipsters. Now that a lot of Apple's competitors make products that are equally expensive, it makes Apple products a much more attractive value proposition.
  • BLM69
  • 10-05-2019, 08:52 PM
Everything about Apple products suck, starting by the high price, operating system, not being able to modify them, no expandable memory.
Everything about Apple products suck, starting by the high price, operating system, not being able to modify them, no expandable memory. Originally Posted by BLM69
Ha!
Do you have one that you are wanting to barter for a milking table/edging session?
LOL
iPhone is awesome imo...I’d love to get a watch eventually
Both personal and hobby phone are iPhones . Refuse to go back to android.

I used to hate apple products til I learned them ....
Samsung watch much better.apple suck.
Everything about Apple products suck, starting by the high price, operating system, not being able to modify them, no expandable memory. Originally Posted by BLM69
Very fond of Apple’s hardware in phones and iPad. IOS sucks, but is better than most others. But it does things with out letting you control the details, which I hate. Insulated you too much from the details of the hardware. And you don’t need any expanded memory if you buy enough to start with. I buy the max sized iPhone every tine I upgrade — about once every three or four years. Lasts just fine.
My timex watch keeps on ticking.
  • BLM69
  • 10-06-2019, 11:44 AM
Samsung watch much better.apple suck. Originally Posted by Master37
All smart watches suck! I never understood why people need watches to look at notifications
I have worn a watch since I was 7 years old and still have just a watch. I don't want my wrist beeping and buzzing and flashing 24/7. I want my watch so I can look at it for time, so I use and analog Bulova. I want my computer to work fast and do great graphics and photo processing, so I use apple. I want my phone to ring and take and place calls, so I use Apple.
the stock market disagrees. take a look at the 1yr for android based smartphone companies and compare it to the 1yr for apple.

the price isnt high when you compare it to what you get.

operating system is flawless and can be highly modified if you choose to void warranty.

what are you storing on your phone that you need so much memory for? you CAN expand memory on an iphone. have you seen the lightning flash drives?

I agree macos sucks and ill always be a windows guy when it comes to PC, but apple wins on mobile communication.

Cheers!!
  • BLM69
  • 10-06-2019, 09:36 PM
Not that it matters any,Tell us how many Apple vs android users there is world wide? Why is the iPhone always behind on the technology? Always!

Android develops something new, Apple copies it and brings out years later and makes a big deal about it.
To me, a watch is a piece of jewelry that also happens to show me the time and date, should I choose to look at it. I take it off to shower. It doesn’t make any demands of me, and I only expect it to keep working. It’s Swiss, automatic, and a certified chronometer. Every 5-7 years I take it to the time tech for calibration and a new part or two. If I outlive it, I’ll get another one. It’s an Omega Constellation.
I would love a new series 5 if anyone is early gifting for Christmas!!

Kisses
Fancy