Lets Be Considerate- It's The Cold And Flu Season

To the ladies and the gents , please be considerate of your partners health.
Ladies if you have a cold or the flu take a couple days off . You may need the money but continuing business as usual means spreading your cold to your clients. They will then not be able to work and then have less money for hobbying . Not to mention having to suffer through what you did.

Same goes for the guys .You have a cold or flu. Refrain from hobbying for a while. You will spread it , the ladies then will not be able to work and pay their bills or please the rest of us.

Last year I probably caught at least three or four colds because of the hobby.
Lets keep everyone healthy and happy this year.
A little consideration will go a long way.
  • ~Ze~
  • 11-29-2010, 02:04 AM
Not to mention the families it spreads to... little ones can't recover from the flu as easily as adults.
thank-you looiecypher!...
for mentioning this...
I agree. Please reschedule. Nothing is worse than showing up and the other person is sniffling, hacking and sneezing.
The next time that happens to me, I'm out the door, sorry.
Good point Looie,

I have a related question.

Are colds and flu spread through DATY?

If not , we could have a rush of Holiday Lick it and Stick it who really needs GFE specials.

I am serious, anybody know?
Monk Monk...NO....colds and flu are not spread through DATY....your safe!

The cold and flu germs are spread through airborne pathogens...laymens explanation....when you sneeze, snort, laugh, cough and in your case monk monk...probably toot (sorry couldn't resist) you can spread the cold and flu germs.

An effective way to stop the spread of cold and flu is obvious....Cover your mouth when you sneeze, snort, cough (or toot) and that will help keep others around you from getting sick.
The MOST effective way to stop the spread of cold and flu is to WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!!!! Hell, I suggest after you wash your hands...you wash them again...

And I already know what your next question is...NO you CAN NOT get swine flu from a toilet seat

Spikebaby
I too was coming down with every cold and virus the first year I worked. I started taking Airborne before each meeting and it has helped immensely. It has a lot of antioxidants in it and supposedly helps fight off colds temporarily.
  • jac01
  • 11-29-2010, 08:22 AM
I recommend taking extra vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) at about 10,000 units daily and after a month getting your blood level checked. Vitamin D has a lot of exciting new research showing it to be an immune system booster. You want a 25-OH D level of 81 to 100, and most people in America have a level that is less than 30. I've been following Dr. Eisenstein's vitamin D recommendations for 18 months and have not gotten sick.

http://homefirst.com/info-1/current-...itamin-d3.html
I too was coming down with every cold and virus the first year I worked. I started taking Airborne before each meeting and it has helped immensely. It has a lot of antioxidants in it and supposedly helps fight off colds temporarily. Originally Posted by M A X

You do know they were sued in a class action lawsuit for the claims that they can shorten and prevent colds and the flu....they lost. FTC told them their product was worthless towards those claims. Had to repay millions to the people they duped with their marketing. Just keeping people informed. Many companies bet on the placebo effect during cold and flu season.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/04/news...ment/index.htm
You do know they were sued in a class action lawsuit for the claims that they can shorten and prevent colds and the flu....they lost. FTC told them their product was worthless towards those claims. Had to repay millions to the people they duped with their marketing. Just keeping people informed. Many companies bet on the placebo effect during cold and flu season.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/04/news...ment/index.htm Originally Posted by dentonseek
All I know is that, the amount of virus' and colds I caught during my second year of providing has dramatically decreased. Maybe my immune system boosted itself or I'd already been exposed and caught all the nasty bugs out there by the time I started using it....I'm just sayin' LOL I gotta tell ya, that first year was tough on me! Also, it gives me a warm tingly feeling shortly after I drink it....not sure what that's all about, but it's pleasant.

The cold and flu germs are spread through airborne pathogens...laymens explanation....when you sneeze, snort, laugh, cough and in your case monk monk...probably toot (sorry couldn't resist) you can spread the cold and flu germs.

An effective way to stop the spread of cold and flu is obvious....Cover your mouth when you sneeze, snort, cough (or toot) and that will help keep others around you from getting sick.
The MOST effective way to stop the spread of cold and flu is to WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!!!! Hell, I suggest after you wash your hands...you wash them again...

And I already know what your next question is...NO you CAN NOT get swine flu from a toilet seat

Spikebaby Originally Posted by Spikebaby

BTW - you cannot get the cold/flu from CIM either - if we're going to mention one, might as well mention the other.
BTW - you cannot get the cold/flu from CIM either - if we're going to mention one, might as well mention the other. Originally Posted by NeedingMore

Spikebaby Originally Posted by Spikebaby
So you can catch a cold/flu from being in the same household as someone and touching the things they touch but not by licking a sick person? lol
So you can catch a cold/flu from being in the same household as someone and touching the things they touch but not by licking a sick person? lol Originally Posted by Gonzo76
Sounds reasonable to me.....LOL