It's been ages...

• ~Ze~
  • 08-26-2014, 04:10 PM
It's been ages... since I've been to Austin, and next week I have a few days down there to myself. Dragging Grace Preston along with me.

I need a refresher on some of the better places to get grub. We are staying close to the airport, but we've got wheels so getting out of the area won't be a problem.

Street Tacos
Sushi
Steak
ANYTHING ASIAN

I LOVE adventure food. So if there is a spot that is a MUST please shoot me a note.

Thanks. *smooches*
Food trucks:
East Side King
Chi'lantro
Hey! You Gonna Eat or What?
The Peached Tortilla
Pretty Thai for a White Guy
  • ~Ze~
  • 08-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Where would these trucks station themselves?
Where would these trucks station themselves? Originally Posted by ~Ze~
East Side King has several locations. I frequent the one behind the Liberty, a classic east Austin "dive" bar on east 6th. I recommend the pork belly buns. Google will show the others.
This is Austin. They all have their own webpages / Facebook / Twitter accounts. Copy and paste each name into Google and plan accordingly.
While it looks like some of the better food trucks are covered, I'll add Kababalicious for good mediterranean street food

I am a fan of DK sushi, rather casual, but excellent food and preparation.

Austin Land and Cattle is pretty old school Austin, There is also Perry's good, but a chain.

For non-sushi Asian ... I would have to go with Ramen Ttatsu-Ya It's a bowl of pure joy but be warned it is a current hot spot expect a 30-60 minute wait... well worth the wait!
If you want some killer sushi and are OK with spending some dough, Uchi is the place. Up north is the sibling Uchiko, which takes an interesting street-food approach but is still killer sushi. Reservations recommended in both cases.
  • ~Ze~
  • 08-29-2014, 10:38 AM
I've been to both Uchi and Uchiko a few times... one of my best sushi experiences to date.

RE: Food trucks... I don't do twitter or fb even in my real world... so I might have to just rely on a walk around. I will keep my eye out. TY.

Bob McV - I am DEFINITELY hitting up that ramen joint. Holy hell that looks good.
If you wanna hit one of the foodtrucks-- I can always twitter it. I'm all up in that Twitter
I've been to both Uchi and Uchiko a few times... one of my best sushi experiences to date.

RE: Food trucks... I don't do twitter or fb even in my real world... so I might have to just rely on a walk around. I will keep my eye out. TY.

Bob McV - I am DEFINITELY hitting up that ramen joint. Holy hell that looks good. Originally Posted by ~Ze~
There are a few (food) trailer parks in town:
Good Life houses excellent bbq Mrs. P's electric cock (best mac and cheese in town!)and Hey Cupcake!

6th& Waller has Authintic Philllys and real Detroit style pizza

reach out if there is something specific you are looking for
Watch for the bloody clam.
  • onei
  • 08-29-2014, 11:14 PM
~Ze~ … looking at your showcase—if Smurfette were real, I'd be damn broke!