ECCIE Social?

Ok.... Now that you danced all around the subject trying to spin this to be about me .... Maybe you can get a few of the ladies you have seen to step forward and vouch that you are legit....

All I can say is I met you, you can afford to have a few drinks and get a few dances.....

There's a hundred or more people around Austin who know what I do for a living and who know that I've been in Iraq and Afghanistan for the last 6 1/2 years. That's my work. As for my private life, who I see, what I do and whom I do it with, from the board or in "civilian" life, it's none of YOUR business. It's been stated 100 times but I guess it needs repeating again. There is NO requirement to write reviews as part of ECCIE membership. Last I checked there's also no rule stating a provider must come forward to vouch for anyone that Whispers is suspicious of or that Whispers tries to cast doubt upon for whatever reason. I could care less if that makes you or anyone else wary of me. As you stated in your response, some of the providers that attended your SC function while I was home last are responsible for their own safety........everybody on this site ultimately is responsible for their own safety. If someone doesn't trust me and I've invited them out socially, it's a free country, don't show up! No one is forcing anyone to do anything....least of all to attend a proposed Social.

Originally Posted by Whispers
quote from DTorchia...(There is NO requirement to write reviews as part of ECCIE membership. Last I checked there's also no rule stating a provider must come forward to vouch for anyone that Whispers is suspicious of or that Whispers tries to cast doubt upon for whatever reason. I could care less if that makes you or anyone else wary of me. As you stated in your response, some of the providers that attended your SC function while I was home last are responsible for their own safety........everybody on this site ultimately is responsible for their own safety. If someone doesn't trust me and I've invited them out socially, it's a free country, don't show up!).......... Not meaning to ruffle ANY ONES feathers. Or taking ANY ONES sides. I did not think we could call out specific names on here and or be ugly directed certain people? well That is for the MODS.. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG! !?! I SAY Pick a day pick a pace I will be ther.
If you need help with decorations or cooking If it as an out doors homey event.. My hands are not just good on people The only thing my hands aren't good on is typing. lol Anyway I am cajun and willing to share my cooking skills if you need them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEynlzYRpK8 heres some entertainment to watch and lighten up the mood. I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND EVERYONE. That the word hobbiers and providers are used because this is sappose TO BE ENTERTAINMENT! We are looked upon to provide entertainment for you. All the arguments and tension hell most people can get that from there spouses or on there job....SO breathe in breathe out... Were the hell are the SHOW GIRLS? lets have some fun! P.A.R.T.Y. I'll Bring the EVERCLEAR!
You should never get too complacent about anything involving people in the hobby. There's always a risk. You tend to get comfortable with the risks involved. Then you tend to get stupid.

There's always going to be a risk going to any kind of hobby social activity. No matter who organizes it. Even posting on a board like this one has some risks.

On the other hand, if you choose to be in the hobby, you are going to take risks.

There is value in meeting ladies face to face in a "safe" environment. 3D is better than 2D, especially better than 2D with cropping and photoshop. To the guys or ladies, you get a good chance to see the other person's inner psycho. Lots of people can't hide their inner psycho that well face to face.

Yes, sometimes some people will make asses of themselves at a social. That can be very useful to figure out who to avoid. Sort of like when someone's an asshole on the board. You can use this to figure out who to avoid.
Not meaning to ruffle ANY ONES feathers. Or taking ANY ONES sides. I did not think we could call out specific names on here and or be ugly directed certain people? well That is for the MODS.. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG! !?! I SAY Pick a day pick a pace I will be ther.
If you need help with decorations or cooking If it as an out doors homey event.. My hands are not just good on people The only thing my hands aren't good on is typing. lol Anyway I am cajun and willing to share my cooking skills if you need them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEynlzYRpK8 heres some entertainment to watch and lighten up the mood. I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND EVERYONE. That the word hobbiers and providers are used because this is sappose TO BE ENTERTAINMENT! We are looked upon to provide entertainment for you. All the arguments and tension hell most people can get that from there spouses or on there job....SO breathe in breathe out... Were the hell are the SHOW GIRLS? lets have some fun! P.A.R.T.Y. I'll Bring the EVERCLEAR!
Originally Posted by Majichands
LOL, you ARE correct, thanks for offering your cajun skills and thanks for keeping the mood light and upbeat!
  • FSCOB
  • 04-07-2011, 11:29 PM
How about hanging a poll to see how many would attend, who would like to help make it work, where to have it, etc.?

Four pages of ideas and the social is concrete as mud. I think getting too many opinions may make it harder to come to a decision.

That said, depending on when where etc, I'd be in for attending.
How about hanging a poll to see how many would attend, who would like to help make it work, where to have it, etc.?

Four pages of ideas and the social is concrete as mud. I think getting too many opinions may make it harder to come to a decision.

That said, depending on when where etc, I'd be in for attending. Originally Posted by jimbo1605
You're absolutely right. I don't have much experience setting up polls on the net (formatting and such) but I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!
What is interesting here is that there are easily a 200-250 people, men and women, that occasionally attend the existing socials and parties occurring that are not chiming in.

People complain about both but I don't see anyone looking to possibly TRY to effect changes in what is already being done.... Just attempts at reinventing.....

At one time I ran a poll, it still exists somewhere, asking the guys if they wanted it opened up to more women and they shot it down..... So the GC event has remained a "by invite only" where the ladies are concerned.... Yet continues to grow.... Guys didn't lobby others to help get more provider involvement.... but they sure do want support in picking the day!

I know there are guys and gals that go to both....

I don't see any of them participating here.....

Ya have to scratch your head and wonder.......

Why do you guys assume the ladies even WANT to come to a public gathering and meet you?

It makes sense to us of course..... but just as the vast majority of ladies do not participate in CoEd, choosing to use the board and to run ads and communicate with prospective clients.... it stands to reason that most probably do not want that sort of interaction with the guys in person either.........

Honestly... I think Austin is a much less social town than other cities and has been for many years...... More years than I have been around.....

I think part of it has to do with old influences that sowed a bit of fear and loathing into some of them.

San Antonio, Houston and Dallas are much more social environments. I think that contributes to why visiting ladies regularly except invites to the parties as well as to just have dinner and drinks in smaller settings.....

I don't think "newbies" and Lurkers are going to effect a change in that mentality.... You need a couple of higher profile members from both sides of the fence interested in doing something.....

Or like all the other times this has come up.... it will bounce around and nothing will ever come of it....

I would like to see another party. Anyone that's been to one of mine knows how busy I stay making sure everyone else is having a good time..... I would be nice to just kick back and relax...
What is interesting here is that there are easily a 200-250 people, men and women, that occasionally attend the existing socials and parties occurring that are not chiming in.

I've wondered that myself. But quite a few are and maybe some just don't read the board everyday. Or, perhaps, some have been turned off by all the drama lately. It's hard to say unless we hear from them and read their input here.

People complain about both but I don't see anyone looking to possibly TRY to effect changes in what is already being done.... Just attempts at reinventing.....

You know, for just a quick second, after reading some of your replies here, I almost got the impression that you were worried about someone stealing your thunder. Kinda like, "I'm the party planner here how dare some 'lurker' come along and try to plan a party too"! I'm sure I was way off base when that thought crossed my mind. Just for the record though, let me be clear. I was NOT trying to compete with you, I was NOT trying to take people away from your SC events which I happen to think are great!
Whispers, I simply saw a lot of bashing and I simply thought that maybe, just maybe if we could get some of these guys and gals together in the same room, peace could flourish. That's all. That's the ONLY thing I was trying to accomplish. Scouts honor!

At one time I ran a poll, it still exists somewhere, asking the guys if they wanted it opened up to more women and they shot it down..... So the GC event has remained a "by invite only" where the ladies are concerned.... Yet continues to grow.... Guys didn't lobby others to help get more provider involvement.... but they sure do want support in picking the day!

I know there are guys and gals that go to both....

I don't see any of them participating here.....

Ya have to scratch your head and wonder.......

Again, maybe that's because a certain comfort zone has been established among these people. They share like minded ideas on the net, they like each others "board" personalities so they rather just stick to socializing amongst that group. I'm no expert, again, my only thought was to help maybe bring a little civility back to the Co-ed section and if a well mixed social could do that?....then I thought I'd put the idea out there. It was only an IDEA Whispers. If people don't like the idea, it will wither and die with so many other threads. No harm no foul or?

Why do you guys assume the ladies even WANT to come to a public gathering and meet you?

This is one of several comments you've made insinuating that some guys "just want to hang out with hookers" as you posted on one thread, or can't get any other attention or whatever other ideas you've put forth in that regard. So let's clear the record. You said you don't mind having a drink with me, so if you have any doubts about my ability to interact in ANY type of setting around ANY type of women without any help at all from you, then let's just hang out one night when I get back. I'm sure you'll find that I don't "need" this site as a substitute for facebook or other sites that you've been kind enough to refer me to in the past if I feel the need to "socialize".

It makes sense to us of course..... but just as the vast majority of ladies do not participate in CoEd, choosing to use the board and to run ads and communicate with prospective clients.... it stands to reason that most probably do not want that sort of interaction with the guys in person either.........

Honestly... I think Austin is a much less social town than other cities and has been for many years...... More years than I have been around.....

I think part of it has to do with old influences that sowed a bit of fear and loathing into some of them.

San Antonio, Houston and Dallas are much more social environments. I think that contributes to why visiting ladies regularly except invites to the parties as well as to just have dinner and drinks in smaller settings.....

I don't think "newbies" and Lurkers are going to effect a change in that mentality.... You need a couple of higher profile members from both sides of the fence interested in doing something.....

Of course, how silly of me...I'm simply a humble newbie and lurker and I had no business putting forth an idea to perhaps bring a little peace and fun back into this after a week of non-stop bashing. I will still my mind of any future thoughts or suggestions. We need a high profile member, no doubt. Whispers, maybe it's best we simply stick to the SC events. Or, since you fit the bill of such a high profile member, you can take over this idea and make it work the right way.

Or like all the other times this has come up.... it will bounce around and nothing will ever come of it.... Originally Posted by Whispers
I'm sure there are some that are pulling for just such an outcome.

That said, depending on when where etc, I'd be in for attending. Originally Posted by jimbo1605
same here. im up for meeting guys and girls in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. PARTY ON GARTH!!
I'm sure there are some that are pulling for just such an outcome. Originally Posted by DTorchia
A few months ago you struck me as intelligent but a bit lost.....

Now you are either ignorant of what s being said or have some other agenda.....

I noticed Knottyman just popped in.... get some advice from him... he planned a very succ....err.. wait.... that fell apart..... But I think if you PM him you'll get an insight into some of what your facing and refusing to consider.....

My party is not a social and No... I'm not the slightest bit threatened... I DO think a group of people getting behind and supporting the EXISTING Social and trying to effect some change there might be a better idea though.....

Ya know... there are more than a few here that JUST LIKE HANGING OUT with hookers, never spending money on them, wasting their time with PMS, threads and at socials...... Strange group but they've been around and a part of every community I've looked at all across the country....

If you have this great life and facebook circle of friends.. what's your infatuation with a bunch of hookers and johns? Why do you want to get them all together some place?
A few months ago you struck me as intelligent but a bit lost.....

Now you are either ignorant of what s being said or have some other agenda.....

I noticed Knottyman just popped in.... get some advice from him... he planned a very succ....err.. wait.... that fell apart..... But I think if you PM him you'll get an insight into some of what your facing and refusing to consider.....

My party is not a social and No... I'm not the slightest bit threatened... I DO think a group of people getting behind and supporting the EXISTING Social and trying to effect some change there might be a better idea though.....

Ya know... there are more than a few here that JUST LIKE HANGING OUT with hookers, never spending money on them, wasting their time with PMS, threads and at socials...... Strange group but they've been around and a part of every community I've looked at all across the country....

If you have this great life and facebook circle of friends.. what's your infatuation with a bunch of hookers and johns? Why do you want to get them all together some place? Originally Posted by Whispers
You know at the beginning I was very close to writing some reviews.....then I picked up on something. Incidentally it came from you of all people. I noticed that some on this board use information as power. The more they know about you, the more things seem to "pop up" when a disagreement comes along or one group or another decides you're not on the right side. So I decided to keep whom I see, when I see them, etc to myself. You may choose to put your business out there. I have no issues with that. I choose not to. I have no problem with either choice.
It appears, as someone mentioned in another thread within the last hour, that you spend the majority of your "social" life P4P'ing. Nothing wrong with that. I don't judge. My life is different. This truly is a "hobby" to me, something I may indulge in every great once in awhile for whatever reasons I have, again, I don't see why those reasons should concern you.
So there is the difference between us. You may very well be the P4P king, I'm simply a lurker who chooses when and where to participate. If that's against some ECCIE rule I don't know about, please fill me in.
Wait...you work out AND you say nice things about girls AND you have at bare minimum enough money to drink and get a few dances at a strip club?

I don't do socials(maybe I will when I get older if I'm still in this business) but I wouldn't mind going BCD with you sometime...ya know...just to verify you and keep the community safe.

LOL! Ok, I'll stop working out, I would grow my hair long but alas, I have grooming standards overseas that must be kept....hmmm, let me think, anything else that I might do so I don't "look" like a cop?

And here I thought that LE picked UC's that could blend in to the environment and with the people they're around, guess I just watched too many movies.

You are priceless my friend! Originally Posted by DTorchia
sometimes the hardest thing on this site is to not be drawn into the drama (gritting teeth). good luck with your plans torch and if it works out count me in
@ Hannah-The wheels are already spinning in my head my dear, ever since you put that first tick in the "win" column, lol. We definitely seem to ahmmm, share something. The worst thing about the BCD with you would be having to swear you to a supertopsecret code of silence so that Whispers doesn't find out! And of course keeping my own silence as to what would surely HAVE to be a heavenly encounter of the sweetest kind! (Do you have any idea how many of Whispers rules we've just broken? Flirting, ThrEAD, getting along without his guidance and direction)

@Knotty man-Thanks for your input and I applaud you for not letting yourself be drawn in. It takes the bigger man to do so....I'm often guilty of falling into the trap myself at times so kudos to you sir.
DTorchia,

I can only speak from my personal perspective, but also as someone who WILL put on a "party" either this summer or next in the format I outlined above. I've been thru a major bust indirectly so I know the realities very clearly. The fact that you've done nothing but "add noise" instead of addressing a very real concern makes me more then doubly concerned.

This is not about whispers or any other "faction" here (or on any other BBS). Due to the nature of the hobby everyone needs to be vetted in some way. As far as I'm concerned until you proactively prove otherwise I consider you to be a risk. It was very noticeable to me that you ignored my post and immediately seized on the opportunity to deflect the question by focusing on whispers polarity here.

Speaking to everyone here, I've seen the results of complacency (as it relates to the hobby) 1st hand. Do not be paranoid but do be careful....as the old Russian proverb goes..."trust but verify". The logic behind the SC socials is very sound and protective. Any broad based "public" social has serious risks. Multiple gals and guys were actually recorded and then "arrested" from UC work at a TER social. They were not arrested but were used to gather information specific to the Desert Diva's investigation.

Thats why I never attend broad based "public" socials. The flip side is we had massive well attended socials for roughly a decade in PHX that no one not "in the know" ever got wind of other then as an urban legend...