Is anyone making money on this?

I mentioned briefly about insider trading, the elites, and shorting a stock last week. How it was easier, less risky, with a bigger payoff than waiting for a stock to organically increase in value. Two big examples of where government caused a stock value to plummet promising two big pay days for those in the know.

Jif Peanut Butter a subsidiary of Smuckers was trading at $143 a share on May 17th. Then the FDA wanted a recall for salmonella (let me take some time for the low brow thinkers here, I'm not in favor of salmonella or bypassing safety if it is real. What I am saying that if someone knows what is coming 24 hours ahead of time they can make a killing.) The price plunged to $122.45 six days later. A 10 million dollar trade could have snagged a million and half dollar pay day in six days. Then the other shoe dropped and the stock lost some of it's regained value.
Abbott baby formula was selling at $141 a share on the 29th of December before the recall. After the recall, the stock price was $105 a share on May 11th. For a short sell, that could mean a couple of million off a ten million dollar investment. Plus, Abbott used the opportunity to buy back 5 billion of stock which put money in the pockets of investors and increased the stock price. Easy enough to do if you know a head of time. I wonder if Nancy or Hunter is involved.
wtf’s the market seer with an eye for a quick buck

at the mo however, he’s busy reading what shorting stock is, so he’ll get with you soon
Duh
I see Oil and Gold are up in over night trading but not much else, including TWTR
  • WTF
  • 05-31-2022, 10:05 AM
wtf’s the market seer with an eye for a quick buck

at the mo however, he’s busy reading what shorting stock is, so he’ll get with you soon Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
No need to read up on how naive Cornhole is.

If say your dumbass was to short jiffy peanutbutter not because the crunchy nuts aggravated your bunghole butt because Cornhole worked for the government and tipped you off (pun intended)...the SEC would be all over your ass before you could spread the jelly on.

You two sleuths would not be even worthy of gumshoe detectives in a crappy Joan Collins read
  • Tiny
  • 05-31-2022, 11:38 AM
I mentioned briefly about insider trading, the elites, and shorting a stock last week. How it was easier, less risky, with a bigger payoff than waiting for a stock to organically increase in value. Two big examples of where government caused a stock value to plummet promising two big pay days for those in the know.

Jif Peanut Butter a subsidiary of Smuckers was trading at $143 a share on May 17th. Then the FDA wanted a recall for salmonella (let me take some time for the low brow thinkers here, I'm not in favor of salmonella or bypassing safety if it is real. What I am saying that if someone knows what is coming 24 hours ahead of time they can make a killing.) The price plunged to $122.45 six days later. A 10 million dollar trade could have snagged a million and half dollar pay day in six days. Then the other shoe dropped and the stock lost some of it's regained value.
Abbott baby formula was selling at $141 a share on the 29th of December before the recall. After the recall, the stock price was $105 a share on May 11th. For a short sell, that could mean a couple of million off a ten million dollar investment. Plus, Abbott used the opportunity to buy back 5 billion of stock which put money in the pockets of investors and increased the stock price. Easy enough to do if you know a head of time. I wonder if Nancy or Hunter is involved. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
It's a hard way to make money, unless perhaps you're a gifted trader like Vitaman.

If a company is a fraud or wildly overvalued and other investors recognize that, the cost to borrow the shares may become exorbitant. You might have to pay borrow fees of up to several hundred percent per annum during part of the time you hold the position.

You may be forced to buy back the shares you sold short at an inopportune time. And the amount of margin required will increase if the price of the shares increase.

If you buy shares you're not going to lose over 100% of what you pay for them. If you sell short at, say, 100, and the price goes to 1000, then you've lost 9X what the position was originally worth, plus what you probably paid to borrow the stock.

Here's my cautionary tale. I was right but still lost my shirt.

https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=156
No need to read up on how naive Cornhole is.

If say your dumbass was to short jiffy peanutbutter not because the crunchy nuts aggravated your bunghole butt because Cornhole worked for the government and tipped you off (pun intended)...the SEC would be all over your ass before you could spread the jelly on.

You two sleuths would not be even worthy of gumshoe detectives in a crappy Joan Collins read Originally Posted by WTF

Just view the first minute. All I cared to find.

I remember she testified and said "it's a miracle" when one of her characters suddenly didn't have a drinking problem. That was some funny shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEyP-uJ6YN0
It's not that difficult to make money trading. For egg zample, the Chinese markets were way down due to the lockdown in Shanghai. The lockdown had to end sooner or later. When it did, stocks went up. Opportunities like this present themselves quite often.

It's not that difficult to make money trading. For egg zample, the Chinese markets were way down due to the lockdown in Shanghai. The lockdown had to end sooner or later. When it did, stocks went up. Opportunities like this present themselves quite often.

Originally Posted by VitaMan

if that's all you have you have no clue what "independently wealthy" means

you might actually impress me if you had another zero in that number. i'm betting you don't without Photoshop.
Too bad about your Netfix losses Wacko. Down 70% in six months.

You don't understand this is just a trading account. No sense in discussing investing with you. You just come up with some bullshit.

This thread was a lot better until you came along with your usual shit.

You think I would show all my investments to a dipshit like you ?

Go enjoy your kentucky fried chicken.
Interesting that we have these billionaire know it all traders on here 24/7/365???

Dah...maybe they have bot traders too lol n omg fucking morons
Too bad about your Netfix losses Wacko. Down 70% in six months.

You don't understand this is just a trading account. No sense in discussing investing with you. You just come up with some bullshit.

This thread was a lot better until you came along with your usual shit.

You think I would show all my investments to a dipshit like you ?

Go enjoy your kentucky fried chicken. Originally Posted by VitaMan

what would your expert advice be? panic and sell and eat the loss? call that the "smart" call? or have the balls to play the long game?

you don't think netflix is gonna go out of biz soon do ya? netflix has had rough spots before and they have rebounded like the market overall.

so tell me oh mightly Carnac the all knowing .. what would you do?

Interesting that we have these billionaire know it all traders on here 24/7/365???

Dah...maybe they have bot traders too lol n omg fucking morons Originally Posted by Tsmokies

i'm pretty sure VM looks like Warren Buffet compared to you
I honestly do hope your investments turn out well. Everyone hates losing money.

I have thrown my hat in the ring with NIO for a 5 year investment. If that works out I will buy a bigger boat.

I'm done.
what would your expert advice be? panic and sell and eat the loss? call that the "smart" call? or have the balls to play the long game?

you don't think netflix is gonna go out of biz soon do ya? netflix has had rough spots before and they have rebounded like the market overall.

so tell me oh mightly Carnac the all knowing .. what would you do
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
there's always doubling down

the pendulum usually swings too much in either direction

but then again making it up elsewhere is always an option