Where to stay in Corpus and McAllen

Hey everyone. I'm coming to Corpus and McAllen later this month (ad will be up shortly) but I wanted to ask where the best area to stay in each town was? Also, where to avoid, and what I should go see or do if I happen to have some down time during my stay. I hope to meet some of you later this month, and I appreciate any information you can give me.
Hi traci

Any location in Corpus Christi will be good. Depends on whether you want to be close to the bay or close to shopping and restaurants. Downtown and the North Beach area cross the Harbor Bridge have some hotels with view of the bay. Along South Padre Island Drive there are a number of hotels that are in close proximity to shopping and good restaurants.

As for activities during down times, the Aquarium and the Lexington museum are good attractions. Of course you can always go to the beach and enjoy your time there. Downtown has some clubs for nite time activities if you are into the club scene.

As far as the McAllen/Edinburg area, the hotels are pretty much scattered throughout the area. Nolana Loop has some good hotels to choose from.

Let me know if you need any further info.

Elgato69
In CC any of the major hotels on the south side are good along SPID( hw 358) I can't imagine you will have much downtime during your visit.
Thanks very much. I appreciate the suggestions. Clubs really aren't my thing, but the aquarium and museum sound pretty awesome! Now I'm torn between hoping I get to see them, and hoping I don't have time. :P