Nuevo Laredo vs Nuevo Progreso

Which one do you recommend?
I've had two bad experiences in NP, and they try to up charge you. I can get better providers for the same price in the RGV. I haven't been to NL in a while. Papagayos had talent back in the day.
I have not been to Nuevo Laredo
Having said that , there are two mens club in town plus smaller catinas. For the mens clubs see reviews in the Nuevo Progresso section. For the catatinas, ask the hawkers that are present right after exiting Mexican customs portal.
The town is generally safe. Stick to the tourist areas unless you develop a Mexican girlfriend
If you want to stay overnight the only hotel is the Hotel Flores that is located on the main street. Google maps will show it. Yes there are hourly hotels
The two hookers I fucked were in El Senorial and Vampis, two of the main strip club/brothels. Dirty rooms, charge you for the beer, the ladies beer, the condom (and I brought my own condoms!), the room, and it's the damn hawkers that are upcharging. Plus, the chick I banged in El Senorial stank like dirty asshole. Providers on this side of the border are better imo.
NL is getting worse and worse for hobbying. That is, unless you already have good contacts and can work your way from those through FB. There is only one bar, Emiliano's, with any girls. The main one, which was quite successful, was closed by the city . The number of girls outside has decreased dramatically, as they are reportedly harrassed by the police. I was there last night and there was only one girl in those pickup area total. Also someone desolate of people, as there isn't anything to do there anymore with so many closed bars and "cleaning up" that area close to the border.

I imagine any other place is better for a newbie to the border cities, but I'm doing well there.