In Memoriam of David Koch

• Tiny
  • 08-23-2019, 08:12 AM
David Koch, philanthropist, businessman and patriot, died today at the age of 79. A guiding light of the American Libertarian movement, he was detested by Barrack Obama, Harry Reid, Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren alike. The Koch Brothers are no more. Long live the Koch Brothers!

The significance of David's generosity is best captured in the words of Adam Smith, who wrote, "to indulge our benevolent affections constitutes the perfection of human nature"

Charles Koch

He donated more than $1.3 billion of his fortune to charity, including gifts to the State Theater of New York at Lincoln Center—renamed the David H. Koch Theater—New York-Presbyterian Hospital and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, all in Manhattan....Over decades, Mr. Koch funneled some of his largest donations to cancer research, most notably to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in Manhattan and to his alma mater, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Mass., for the founding of the Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research

In speaking of his philanthropy, Mr. Koch described himself in interviews with The Wall Street Journal as a “sugar daddy” for charitable causes with a “moral obligation” to give. He preferred to donate his money to outstanding institutions rather than “use it on buying a bigger house or a $150 million painting,” he said. “I really want to put my money to work making the world a better place.”

He attributed his philanthropy to a near-death experience in 1991, when an airplane he was in collided with another at Los Angeles International Airport. Mr. Koch was able to escape the smoke-filled plane, while more than 30 others were killed in the collision.

Speaking about the crash in a 2014 television interview, Mr. Koch said, “I felt that the good Lord was sitting on my shoulder and that he helped save my life because he wanted me to do good works and become a good citizen.”

Wall Street Journal
  • oeb11
  • 08-23-2019, 08:27 AM
Thanks Tiny

Perhaps the A of S would read this, and compare to their postings regarding Koch.
But - No!!
Any philanthropist no Left wing Marxist is pilloried by the LSM as Racist these days.
I can hardly wait for Soros to join him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pl-QOwJ7JA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-1SWWql5j4

7 Companies Owned by the Koch Brothers

https://www.investopedia.com/insight...koch-brothers/

Koch Industries is a private company that has annual revenues topping $110 billion. However, it is not really a single company, but a conglomerate of companies the brothers own. On June 5, 2018, David Koch retired from all roles related to the Koch Industries and Koch-affiliated group due to health reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUo4mfVU5nM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llidmIqF47Q

Just sayin'.
  • Tiny
  • 08-23-2019, 11:26 AM
Those who truly believe in freedom and liberty are vilified by the legion of mankind. Many on the left hated David Koch because of his support for lower taxes, deregulation, and smaller and more efficient government. Many on the right hated him because he promoted immigration and a woman's right to choose. And Donald Trump hated him because of his support for free trade.

May he rest in peace.

I listen to Thom Hartmann when I'm driving. The majority of what he espouses is highly partisan drivel that's not true. Like Paul Krugman, though, he does present well, better IMHO even than the night time MSNBC hosts. If you want to see the true light you must ignore false prophets like Hartmann, and join the Free Market Church of Tiny. Contributions accepted in bitcoin.
I dig your sense of humor. Like a grave.

If you want to see the true light you must ignore false prophets like Hartmann, and join the Free Market Church of Tiny. Contributions accepted in bitcoin. Originally Posted by Tiny

The Koch Brothers are the Cain and Abel of plutocratic politics.

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/1488...ratic-politics

This is not the first time fraternal intrigue has divided the family. Frederick Koch, the eldest brother in the family, alleges that after their father died in 1967 Charles tried to use “homosexual blackmail” to force Frederick to sell his shares of the company business. “Charles’ ‘homosexual blackmail’ did not succeed,” Frederick told Mother Jones in 2014, “for the simple reason that I am not homosexual.” (Charles Koch denies these allegations.)

Freemarket Church of Tiny

"Ruthless philanthropy"
  • Tiny
  • 08-23-2019, 02:47 PM
People hated Jesus too
People hate me too. Some on sight. Others on site.

Sad to see a conservative leave the house ,,, Its time for soros to go
  • oeb11
  • 08-24-2019, 04:31 PM
Bill Maher Says He’s “Glad” David Koch Is Dead: “I Hope the End Was Painful”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...7Z4?li=BBnbcA1
Bill Maher isn’t mincing words when it comes to giving his opinion about billionaire conservative David Koch, who died Friday at 79. The host of Real Time said he was “glad” the man who built a conservative political empire alongside his brother Charles had died. “Yesterday, David Koch, of the zillionaire Koch brothers, died of prostate cancer. I guess I’m going to have to reevaluate my low opinion of prostate cancer,” Maher said. “He was 79, but his family says they wish he could live longer, but at least he lived long enough to see the Amazon catch fire.” Condolences “poured in from all the politicians he owned,” Maher said, adding that instead of sending flowers, mourners have been asked “to just leave their car engine running.”
Maher said that he was well aware “these seem like harsh words and harsh jokes” and he’ll surely “be condemned for them on Fox News.” Maher went on to say that David and Charles Koch “have done more than anybody to fund climate science deniers” so there would be little sympathy. “So, f*** him, the Amazon is burning up,” Maher said. “I’m glad he’s dead, and I hope the end was painful.”
GregGutfeld @greggutfeld

so @billmaher said he's glad david koch died, and his audience applauded. evidence of a needy phony and a gleeful mob uniting. Koch was a generous libertarian, whose millions went to fight disease. he did more for the world in a day, than Maher will do in his lifetime

The wonderful caring folks are the DPST's
anothr Kathy Griffin out front with Trump's head in her hands.
Class act - Maher.

May you be remembered as you treat Others!!!
A lot of people don't know that Koch started a fund for washed up hookers and another one for people who suffered trauma after having their MAGA hats slapped off their heads. He will be missed for his cogent and constructive contributions. Some say he was the true chosen one
one for people who suffered trauma after having their MAGA hats slapped off their heads. Originally Posted by themystic
Another OCD HAT(E) ALERT.
Another OCD HAT(E) ALERT. Originally Posted by eccielover
Aww. Careful not to melt Snowflake. I know how fragile the Pittsburg crowd is
Aww. Careful not to melt Snowflake. I know how fragile the Pittsburg crowd is Originally Posted by themystic
Not fragile. You on the other hand..........