Lateness

I know no one really cares about my rants about ladies arriving late or not at all. Maybe if more would speak up about it some of it would stop.

Latest is Aiyana. She posted on BP. 11:45AM she was on her way. We all know it takes roughly 35 minutes to get from Independence to OP. At 12:30 she said she was just getting on 435 from 70. DUH. So she probably took another appt on the way. Whatever, unacceptable. At 1:24, now there's a wreck on 87th and 435 on the MO side. At this point I am pissed and out of the mood and say F it I'm not gonna have any fun now. Text her and cancel. Traffic slowdowns rarely add an extra hr to a drive.

There is also this neat little tool called kcscout.net that shows real time highway speeds. Pretty cool stuff. Everything looked nice and clear on the highways so there really isn't any excuse for being late.
  • jan-w
  • 05-07-2011, 01:54 PM
This just happened and I can understand why you're still PO'd. I agree with you. Other than safety issues, I think NC/NS and lateness are the biggest problems in this business right now. It happens to everybody and yes, I know it happens to ladies too so they should chime in also.

Roy, I think it's good that you named names. Some will argue that it's too soon for you to do so and you didn't give her enough time to respond and make it right but from your timeline, it does sound like the same ol' BS excuses. I don't know if she's registered here but if so, she can give her side of the story.

Yes, the only thing that MIGHT make a little headway in this problem is for people to be held accountable and to name names. You wouldn't hesitate to do so if you were complaining about Wal-Mart and if the ladies want to run a business, they should treat it like a business. That means keeping your appts. and being on time for them.
Ya who knows. I was watching the KC scout system at the time and all seemed ok. I guess over 50 speed sensors could have been malfunctioning at the time. But I doubt it. Girl blew about 3 hours of my afternoon between me getting ready and waiting. I know the girls don't give a shit because some other guy will call in this lame ass town and they won't be out a dime at the end of the day.
I feel ya brother. No shows and tardiness are the most bothersome aspect of this biz. IMHO - 90% are the result of double booking. Totally unacceptable. Just be honest.
This is Aiyana, and I would like to sincerely apologize. I do not like being late or letting anyone down for that matter. I remember this day and it was a day from hell, and I felt terrible. I am a genuine person and again I aplogize.
I, myself, feel that if im not at least 10 minutes early.. im in a panic and feeling late. I just hate being late for anything.

I am sorry for your incident..

Aiyana... dont know u but i think its at least classy that you stepped up, took fault and apologized.

Communication is key!! If things were running REAL behind.. id call the gentleman, reschedule, and probably throw in a lil sumthin sumthin, like extra time.. to make up for the inconvenience.
Ya who knows. I was watching the KC scout system at the time and all seemed ok............ I know the girls don't give a shit because some other guy will call in this lame ass town and they won't be out a dime at the end of the day. Originally Posted by royamcr
  1. The KC Scout system is reliable; what you see is in real time.
  2. The real problem is that she lied to you.
  3. She was just jerking you around; she is not fit to be your friend.
  4. She will be out money, because I will now never see her.
  5. Most of the guys here will recognize her for what she is, dishonest
  6. There are too many women around to tolerate this behavior.
Some girls just don't know the meaning of the word professional, save your money for those who do.
Thank you for your comments; that is what this blog is about.

After posting this I saw that she had apologized. That is nice, I still have a problem if I think that someone is jerking me around. Lies are not to be tolerated. However, if there is a problem that was honestly encountered, or a personal problem, and the person is honest about it; then we are communicating honestly between people. Such as: such as, sorry I just couldn't get this together; can we meet at a later time?

JR
All I can do is take responsibility and apologize for what happened that day. I understand the anger and frustration. Truly
All I can do is take responsibility and apologize for what happened that day. I understand the anger and frustration. Truly Originally Posted by Aiyana in KC

Good enough for me guys. I have checked my data base and I find no negative comments about Aiyana. I do find past entries for her.

As a lot of you know, I watch and wait so that I can find out information about a girl, long before I ever call her.

5 foot tall and 115 pounds sounds nice too. I think I will watch and see about her. Sorry I jumped in as a fast response.

JR
And what say OP, now that Aiyana speaks???????

Honest mistakes are defenitely part of life...BS reasons or lies are not???

Honest communication, at least gives us the option to decide whether we want to stay around
Always been intrigued by Aiyana... hope it was just a hiccup in the road. And props for her stepping up. Like Lacy said, I'm sure there are ways Aiyana can make good on the error. Sounds like she is working on that. Good luck to both roy and Aiyana..!
You are absolutely right, I am willing to make good on my mistake. I still today feel terrible about that day.
Crap happens and I can understand the NS, it's the NC part I don't get. WTF?? Say you had a wreck, overbooked or grandma died but, at the very least, call if your going to be late. Glad Aiyana stepped up anyway.
I want to say thanks to everyone too. I know now that all I need to do is to communicate what is going on no matter what! I have had alot of BS going on in the past several months but that is truly no ones problem and should not fall on your shoulders, or waste anyone's time. So again I am very sorry.
Aiyana I think you have a lot of class for stepping up and taking responsibility for this. It is nice to see and I hope things get better for you. If you need anything just send me a PM.