Are the Eccie servers overloaded?

For the past few days, on about half the threads I try to open, I get a page saying:

"503 Service Unavailable. The server in temporarily busy, try again later!"

It's very inconsistent. Sometimes I can open a particular thread, other times I can't. Anyone else having this issue?
I haven't seen that particular message you mentioned, but I have noticed that the pages are sometimes very slow to load.

Like pouring molasses on a winter morning.

Not had that problem...everything fast here. Maybe you're using dial up? Or there's a heavy use of bandwidth there?
OK. I guess no one else is having that problem. I guess it's on my end.

Forget I said anything.

Mods, please feel free to delete this thread.

Thanks
I didnt' know you were not banned.
  • Mokoa
  • 11-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Sometimes these kind of things can be caused by regional issues. A hub, a router or switch could be stressed or out completely. This may cause the Internet traffic to be rerouted elsewhere increasing response times in some areas. It may also cause outages to a particular geographical area, causing complete loss of service to that area. Like a blackout that occurs on your block not the one across the street from you.

This would explain why some of you are experiencing issues while others are not.

And no, I have not experienced the issue reported by the OP.

Top Posters

geniusman 8157
SP Hunter 5029
DallasRain 4968
BrookeWild 3584
KohanaKoa 3567
Mokoa 3511
sixxbach 3325
chipper 3285
lisa.lisa0302 3084
dearhunter 3065
SOULMANIKE 3064
boardman 2969
St.Christopher 2957
charlestudor2005 2952
notanewbie 2860
But you would lose staff and some rather colorful posters. (Almost reads like the "y" poster list. LOL)

More seriously, How much is "bot" traffic from search engine traffic? I have always wondered how many of the guests were actually bots and not real people just not logged in.

Do you think if you disallowed bot traffic, it would impact future revenue?

Just some humor and some thoughts....
I guess that this is really a question for the mods. But I am posting it here because the membership might have a similar interest.

ECCIE is relatively new and doesn't have years of members with an inactive status. But, of the 50,000+ members I wonder how many are even just twhat the ratio is of:
  • Hobbiests to Providers;
  • Members that have posted reviews versus the number that haven't;
  • Members that have never posted anything;
  • Members that have paid for premiums access but have never posted anything.
  • Members that have signed up but haven't logged in following their initial sign-up period.
Maybe the mods/adminstratiors are tracking it internally and not for general board publication, and that's fine.

It's just my ranching and hunting, land management experience, interested in keeping track of the stock on hand: which to cull, to improve the herd.
I am having the same problem today that the OP was having.

It seems to happen more with new threads or threads that have new posts since I last looked at the thread.