Dallas vs. Houston

I was just wondering why the Dallas review forums seem much more active than the Houston ones. For example, Dallas has 7,972 reviews posted in its Independent Reviews forum. Houston has only 2,571. The cities are roughly the same size in population and I think close to equivalent in disposable income, so you'd think there would be roughly the same amount of hobby activity going on. I'm not aware of any other review board that has a huge Houston presence or any difference in LE between the cities that would explain the difference. But, for some reason, ECCIE has a much, much lower presence and participation in Houston than it does in Dallas. Is there some difference in the environment that causes people to hobby less in Houston? Is there a difference in board culture that causes people to post less in Houston? Something else entirely? What's the explanation?
The diffrence was that scumbag BILL WHITE>
  • harry
  • 11-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Houston has always been much more of a spa town than an indy town. Back before Black Tuesday in 2004, Houston had Escapes (with 6 locations IIRC) and Wild Flowers (also with a couple of locations, I think) which were two premier spa chains that had
literally dozens of beautiful women with very high GFE service levels available. Go look back at the old ASPD Houston Spa Review forum for 2003 on eraps to see just what I mean. Then Bill White's raids of Escapes and WF on Black Tuesday changed everything hobbywise in Htown.

Houston has never really recovered from those raids and more recent ones. The transition from the ease of stopping by a spa with no screening required to that of arranging an appointment with an indy provider with all the attendant screening and loss of spontaneity has not been an easy one for the folks in Houston. Today you will find considerably more reviews in the Houston spa (mostly AMPs) and agency (mostly the Latina incall ones) than in the indy one as you have noted.
Icky is DFW based hence the head start over Houston. The Houston community came over after the final aspd crash.
An excellent summary of the events in Houston, Harry. Houston had some great whorehouses, I mean spas. From what I read, they even managed to somewhat tame the strip clubs to a good extent in the last year or two making hunting a real art again.

You can go to a store and buy a gun.
You can go to a store or bar and buy some whiskey.
But now you got to jump though hoops now just to buy a piece of pussy.

If Bill White was responsible for that, I am glad he lost his bid for Governor of Texas.

I can see why you Houston boys quieted down so much. Houston did have it better than Dallas the first part of the last decade when it came to quantity and value.

Sorry for your loss, but maybe it saved you a few dollars during this recession. Screening is not so bad, but it does take out the spontaneity, until you develop some regular gals you can buzz quickly. It has been my observation that a shitload of okays on P411 seems to fast track the whole process.

The Houston forums do have some more colorful characters.
I miss Escape of Houston, great studios back in the day. Had plenty of good times down there. They were the equivalent of Studio1/VIP Sweets in Dallas with plenty of model/cheerleader types.
I HEARD THERE ARE MORE PROVIDERS IN DALLAS!
Because the men in Houston are assholes and newbies and lurkers are scared to post.

I would say 70% of clients I see on a monthly basis mention in one form or another what jerks the men in Houston are and whenever they (the newbie) does post they get flamed to hell thus encouraging them to never post a review again.