Economics: Real-Worls vs Hobby-World

I asked this in the Political Forum and got nothing there so . . .
Has the current down turn in the real-world economies affected the hobby world economics?

Guys: Do you hobby less now?

Gals: Do you see fewer hobbyists now?

Is it harder to make a connection or schedule a session?

What is different now than before . . .if anything is different?
I play way less these days, the donations have gotten crazy.
less, only partly cost
Where also. I do not want to go near or a long drive out of the way around. TO many shootings, stabbings, carjackings, etc. If a gal has a safe incall on the other side of county. I'm not driving a hour to go around the city between us.

But then I have been on the victim side of about a dozen carjackings attempts . One I thought I was going to jail. BUT the officer thanked me for running the fucker over. Another LOL dumb fuck fallowed me to the PD station. LOL one was on phone with PD, and he fallowed me to a TRAP

ANYWAYS ya less
So far I haven't seen asow down in the Hobby world. My contacts all seem to indicate the hobby hasn't changed and providers are just as busy as they were three months ago.

Real Estate is aslow process that takes time to unwind. A lot of the big deals closing currently were all locked back in March.

Unemployment contine to tick downward.

We pit billions of $$ in stimulus into economy and it will take time for that to filter thru.

I also think the top 40% is doing well (your hobbiests) the bottom 60% continues to struggle.
For me, I hobby based upon the experience. If the experience is great it gets expensive for me. If the experience is not there them my hobby account getting bigger. Right now my hobby account is bulging.

To see some pain in the hobby world I believe it will take additional Fed hikes and some layoffs to bring some equilibrium in the hobby market.
I play way less these days, the donations have gotten crazy. Originally Posted by ben dover
Same, the value proposition was getting worse and worse. Higher rates without any additional service, the TCB was universally going to hell…and I found dozens of sugar babies without any of those issues. Made things real easy.

I hear about how this must work because hookers are apparently master economists but many of them quit the hobby because men are supposedly cheap bastards and have to beg for money but refuse to lower than $500/hour rate. It’s hard to be sympathetic when most of them have insane contradictory opinions, policies, and rates. I guess lowering rates is some sign of defeat and it’s more dignified to write insane screeds on the internet instead.
I asked this in the Political Forum and got nothing there so . . .
Has the current down turn in the real-world economies affected the hobby world economics?

Guys: Do you hobby less now?

Gals: Do you see fewer hobbyists now?

Is it harder to make a connection or schedule a session?

What is different now than before . . .if anything is different? Originally Posted by ICU 812

Of course, majorly. But I've already discussed this topic multiple times in other threads on ECCIE. And anyone who tells you otherwise is either the exception to the rule, or a liar, take your pick. That is of course, if you are comparing things to 2018 or 2019. "Problems" did not start arising until after Covid in the summer of 2020. A lot of people lost their jobs back then... but most of them were lower income workers. The thing is... the supply chain shortage is finally starting to catch up; unlike 2021 there was not a war between Russia and Ukraine, mortgage interest rates were not double, inflation was less of a concern, amongst other factors that made the reality of poor economics sit in. More middle income earners are starting to feel the effects as food and gas prices go up...

Go back to 2009 and sex workers HAD to cut their rates, as they were barely able to get any business. There's only so many Robert Kraft's and Elliot Spitzer's out there. Remember the majority of the population does not consist of old, rich men. That's why they call them Old Dirty Bastards. Because if girls or young guys were making hundreds millions from capital gains or as corporate CEOs then those other folk would not lay claim to the title of "top 1% of earners" It's a ratio of income and assets that very few people will ever achieve, which means that sex workers start fighting fiercely over those guys when middle income people can no longer afford to splurge leisure money on expensive sex.

The only way rates will go down is if wealthy individuals start feeling the burn. Around the time of the great recession there was a guy in Germany who had more than several billion who committed suicide when his losses in investments only left him with 1 billion. Even though he had a billion dollars in assets left, that fact that he was no longer a "multi billionaire" was such a blow to his proud ego that he killed himself because he could no longer live without that status and title as being so rich. If only I could remember that guy's name... Anyway, I don't think rates will go down unless high income earners start taking hits.
Any observations from the ladies out there?

How is it for you these days . . .busier than ever or is it thinning out?
Any observations from the ladies out there?

How is it for you these days . . .busier than ever or is it thinning out? Originally Posted by ICU 812
The past couple of months I noticed that I wasn’t waking up to a ton of missed calls from the middle of the night. (I don’t meet late night)
My theory is when the stock market and cryptocurrency took a big crash that affected a lot of peoples play money. Especially my retired gents
It's more or less the same here. *knock on wood* However, u haven't raised ny rates in many years. I'm one of the few things nowadays that hasn't gone up.
I have noticed a lot of new (or previous providers) starting to post ads on the other sites.

Maybe there were always there and there now an effort to bump their ad. Prices have not changed in my areas of play.
I’ve slowed down but not for economic reasons. My regulars have me locked in at certain rates plus I reward them with extras at times. But I do shy away from new providers I’ve never seen who are on the higher end $
Of course, majorly. But I've already discussed this topic multiple times in other threads on ECCIE. And anyone who tells you otherwise is either the exception to the rule, or a liar, take your pick. That is of course, if you are comparing things to 2018 or 2019. "Problems" did not start arising until after Covid in the summer of 2020. A lot of people lost their jobs back then... but most of them were lower income workers. The thing is... the supply chain shortage is finally starting to catch up; unlike 2021 there was not a war between Russia and Ukraine, mortgage interest rates were not double, inflation was less of a concern, amongst other factors that made the reality of poor economics sit in. More middle income earners are starting to feel the effects as food and gas prices go up...

Go back to 2009 and sex workers HAD to cut their rates, as they were barely able to get any business. There's only so many Robert Kraft's and Elliot Spitzer's out there. Remember the majority of the population does not consist of old, rich men. That's why they call them Old Dirty Bastards. Because if girls or young guys were making hundreds millions from capital gains or as corporate CEOs then those other folk would not lay claim to the title of "top 1% of earners" It's a ratio of income and assets that very few people will ever achieve, which means that sex workers start fighting fiercely over those guys when middle income people can no longer afford to splurge leisure money on expensive sex.

The only way rates will go down is if wealthy individuals start feeling the burn. Around the time of the great recession there was a guy in Germany who had more than several billion who committed suicide when his losses in investments only left him with 1 billion. Even though he had a billion dollars in assets left, that fact that he was no longer a "multi billionaire" was such a blow to his proud ego that he killed himself because he could no longer live without that status and title as being so rich. If only I could remember that guy's name... Anyway, I don't think rates will go down unless high income earners start taking hits. Originally Posted by Pangolier

The German billionaire was Adolf Merckle, he committed suicide in 2009.
With the things I see on both a National and World level, there is about to be a Huge change in economics and just getting food to eat. But, alas, most people think everything will just keep going along as always. The so called 'crashes' most people have witnessed have just been little bumps in the road. They have never experience real hard times.
The German billionaire was Adolf Merckle, he committed suicide in 2009.
With the things I see on both a National and World level, there is about to be a Huge change in economics and just getting food to eat. But, alas, most people think everything will just keep going along as always. The so called 'crashes' most people have witnessed have just been little bumps in the road. They have never experience real hard times. Originally Posted by tuckahoe

If the small percentage of people with high income and high assets start crumbling financially, then I GUARANTEE you providers will very rapidly begin lowering their prices, probably quite substantially. If those guys portfolios and income streams begin deteriorating, then people in the middle class will be hit even harder. At that point SW will begin running out of frequent customers, and they will have to find a way to adapt. And you won't do that by first using more glitzy advertising or offering additional services; the first step is to lower your rates to bring in more business to fill the gap if you are struggling to meet your financial needs.
I'm staying pretty busy even though my main source of new clients came from www.ourhome2.net, they booted me off a year or so ago over not following board posting rules. I raises my rates 5 months ago and everything is as normal as ever I had no idea we where in a recession lol wow that's news to me