Sorry, I don't see the problem with outing Gun Permit Holders

So, this paper wants to publish the addresses of Gun Permit Owners.
The way I see it, this lets the criminals know which houses to stay away from. Pick the house next door where there is no danger.

Why are the Gun Rights people getting their panties all in a wad. As a Gun Owner myself, I see this as a great service. I have no desire to shoot anyone, so let the criminals know I have arms in my home so they will not force me to do something I would rather avoid.

Just pick an address where you are sure nobody is armed.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/52002
Crooks will know where to go if they need a gun now.
True, that may be a deterrent for criminals to avoid your house...when you're home. However, it also provides them the means to target homes that have guns if that is what they are looking to obtain. It becomes a shopping list.
  • WTF
  • 01-03-2013, 08:35 PM

Why are the Gun Rights people getting their panties all in a wad. As a Gun Owner myself, I see this as a great service.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/52002 Originally Posted by Jackie S
I haven't figured it out why they are pissed...it is public record to boot!
Public record. These fuckers are whack!
Love it, I bet they will think twice about posting this type of article from now on. The media has long had a free hand to bend and form public opinion by the way they cover (or not) any given event. It's about time the tables were turned.
Love it, I bet they will think twice about posting this type of article from now on. The media has long had a free hand to bend and form public opinion by the way they cover (or not) any given event. It's about time the tables were turned. Originally Posted by Sensei
Uh... What the fuck are you talking about?
  • WTF
  • 01-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Love it, I bet they will think twice about posting this type of article from now on. The media has long had a free hand to bend and form public opinion by the way they cover (or not) any given event. It's about time the tables were turned. Originally Posted by Sensei
It is public record you dumbass. Anybody can go and look it up.
It demonstrates the duplicity of government. In 1968 when they started having people fill out paperwork, it was only supposed to be kept on file for six months. The democrats promised that they would not create a "list" of gun owners to aid in confiscation. Of course Big Sis told us three years ago that they were not destroying anything.
While we're at it why dont we publish all the names of women who get free contraceptives?

Why don't we publish the names of women who have had abortions...maybe I want to know if there are any baby killers in my neighborhood.

Why not publish the names of all the celebrities who hire armed guards to protect themselves?
While we're at it why dont we publish all the names of women who get free contraceptives?

Why don't we publish the names of women who have had abortions...maybe I want to know if there are any baby killers in my neighborhood. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
You just wanta get laid. Post of the new year though.
Crooks will know where to go if they need a gun now. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Crooks will know where to go if they need to go the morgue now.
What a bunch of tough guys!
I haven't figured it out why they are pissed...it is public record to boot! Originally Posted by WTF
I'm sorry, I could not find the link for the Texas license holders so I could check.

Do you have it?
you're a real bloody asset
guns can be stolen any time
also from you

and then children get shot with your stolen gun

are you still feeling happy?

IDIOT