With friends like Obama, who needs enemies.

New Jersey is being denied docking rights for a barge of road salt from Maine by Obama's Dept. of Homeland Security. Seems that there is a hundred year old law that protects union jobs. The barge, a vessel by maritime standards, is not flagged as a US vessel and therefore needs special permission to dock in the US.

Seems that NJ has had a little snow and is falling behind on road salt. If only foreign nationals found it this hard to get into the country.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2474664...tage-continues
Only JD would take a 1920 law and blame Obama for it.
  • WTF
  • 02-18-2014, 10:04 AM
Only JD would take a 1920 law and blame Obama for it. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
It's Obama's Department of Homeland Security!

Wonder who started up that Department?

For the record....not sure if Bush really wanted Homeland Security but it damn sure wasn't Obama's!
Obama has the power to give relief (or is that too difficult of a concept) from the law just like he didn't get any relief from the Bacon act when all that oil was going into the Gulf of Mexico. Bush did it during Katrina but Barry doesn't want to cross the unions and he is willing put other people's lives on the line.
Obama has the power to give relief (or is that too difficult of a concept) from the law just like he didn't get any relief from the Bacon act when all that oil was going into the Gulf of Mexico. Bush did it during Katrina but Barry doesn't want to cross the unions and he is willing put other people's lives on the line. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Ok, he is "incompetent" and "lazy" as you and others of your ilk often allege here, but he is involved in and aware of all the little intricacies at the bottom level of every one of his departments, right? He is "lawless" and flaunting the law, becoming a "dictator", by delaying the employer mandate in PPACA, but he should get personally involved in setting aside long settled laws to break unions (if what you allege is even true) or he is abandoning his duties.

Inconsistency matter much in the bubble? Dogma is all taken at face value and politics has finally become religion in the right wing bizarro world.
Seems that there is a hundred year old law that protects union jobs. The barge, a vessel by maritime standards, is not flagged as a US vessel and therefore needs special permission to dock in the US. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Uh, no, make up stuff much? The 1920's Jones Act is to protect ship owners, shipping companies and merchant marine, NOT unions. It was revised in 2006 and is supposedly in place to ensure our national defense is strong.

So you are against both our national defense and our homeland security? What if a Canadian Muslim, who easily got into our country, hid a dirty bomb in that rock salt (all it would take is diesel fuel, fertilizer and a container of radioactive medical waste in 40,000 tons of rock salt) and contaminated the whole of New Jersey (some would say good riddance)? I'll bet that rock salt would sting some butts like a 12 gauge on a pilfering teenagers ass though.
  • CJ7
  • 02-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Obama has the power to give relief (or is that too difficult of a concept) from the law just like he didn't get any relief from the Bacon act when all that oil was going into the Gulf of Mexico. Bush did it during Katrina but Barry doesn't want to cross the unions and he is willing put other people's lives on the line. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

let 1 bomb make it through and kill innocents, and its all Obie's fault .. same shit different day from our resident bitch and whine Professor

pay absolutely NO attention
It's Obama's Department of Homeland Security!

Wonder who started up that Department?

For the record....not sure if Bush really wanted Homeland Security but it damn sure wasn't Obama's! Originally Posted by WTF
It is now.
The problem is because of the 1920 federal Maritime Act. It prevents foreign vessels from moving cargo from one U.S. port to another. It was designed to protect the U.S. shipping industry from foreign competition.

The barge sailed empty, leaving the salt in Maine
JD, maybe Maine is conspiring with Obama to keep salt out of New Jersey.
I am just speechless at the glittering display of stupidity above. You blame Bush for causing a hurricane (because he hates black people) and when Obama's best buddy needs something Barry is unavailable.
JD says "fuck the laws" when it gives him a chance to whine about Obama...
I think your days in the nursing home are coming to an end Eva. You dementia is becoming more pronounced.
I think your days in the nursing home are coming to an end Eva. You dementia is becoming more pronounced. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You days claiming to teach are getting harder and harder to be believable.
You know something? I would love to win the Powerball but not for the money. It would give me the security to "out" myself as I through a huge ECCIE party up here in Kansas or Missouri. I would be able to list some things that I can't right now.

What people like EVA misses out on is that I could be a CEO, or a teacher, I could be a salt miner, or a plumber but any profession has nothing do with my opinion and the facts that I dig out. Eva can't attack my positions sucessfully, so he is REDUCED to trying to attack me personally which is a liberal habit. It would be refreshing if Eva, Tex, CJ, and the rest spent their time doing some research and thinking before they post. You see, Eva attacked me and not the topic. He has nothing, absoluetly nothing.