Anyone know anywhere near Houston to go Hiking??

I just got back from Cali and loved all the places to hike there! is there anywhere near houston that isnt FLAT that I can go hiking??
In general the hiking around Houston sucks. There is the Lone Star Trail, north of town, through the Sam Houston Forest. Its flat, humid, dense with mosquitos, but the view is great if all you want to look at is the bottoms of pine trees. The closest decent hiking IMHO is Enchanted Rock, west of Austin near Fredricksburg. After that, Big Bend in far west Texas.
Nothing around here.....your best bet is a road trip to Austin.
Big Bend is a real long haul but there's no place on earth more distinctive than its Chisos Mountains stuck in the Chihuahan Desert and skirted by the Rio Grande. Arm up if you go there, nowadays 2-legged coyotes and drug smugglers make heavy use of the isolated river crossings. The place is a paradise for horseback camping, but it takes an adapted horse to handle the terrain..the little mustangs that live there will do fine, but the country is hard on horses and a flatland horse hauled there won't make it. In the past it was easy to rent good horses in Lajitas but now the fuckin' lawyers have made it very difficult...sure, you can still rent horses...if you don't mind being forced to wear a helmet and being regimented like you was in first grade. Fucking lawyers!
GREAT resorts in that area too Lukbak........NO CAMPING.......
GREAT resorts in that area too Lukbak........NO CAMPING....... Originally Posted by angelinadream
Does that mean you don't camp, or that the cocksuckers-in-charge have outlawed camping now?
.... is there anywhere near houston that isnt FLAT that I can go hiking?? Originally Posted by stargirl3355
http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/ci/bu/sk/li/?id=101031&bt=5&ht=2&sro=0
Memorial park, Herman park, Galveston state park, walk down buffalo bayou along Allen parkway...
Thanks everyone for the responses! Guess Im out of luck !

I already frequent memorial & herman park! Love it!