In Vietnam soon

I thought whether any of the ECCIE folks will be visiting Vietnam during the next three weeks and want to hang out.
HCMC, Hue, Na Trang, Hanoi, Halong
  • bore
  • 12-22-2011, 09:48 AM
ask DAD. He got some kidos want to marry him back there and cut his hair at the same time.
DAD. I will ask him. I need the advice.

About the marrying. It seems that girls of all ages in jobs like maids, masseuse, etc., in smaller villages give that certain look of contemplation and a few have even asked me to stop by again for unspecified reasons. It seems clear they are innocent and it would take a lot dating dancing around to become physical. The girls in better-respected positions or who are more educated and speak English better--those who might actually be datable or best suited for long-term relationships--seem less immediate or simply uninterested. There is a Vietnamese dating site that works well for find real dates, but one has to be able to communicate in Vietnamese more fluently than I can: a guy on ISG said it worked for him. Well, I don't think you really wanted a serious response to your humorous sentence, but there it is.

Back to the topic: I'm having an awful time finding good provider options in Hue. Hoi An was impossible. I go to Hanoi in two days: perhaps Hanoi will be easier. HCMC was easy and fun. In all places, it seems they're really good bargainers and expect to fleece us Americans.