Traffic near the stadium

Got the pre game show on(radio). They keep giving a traffic report. Never been to a Bills game. Have been at the stadium, just never on game day.

Been long time that I went to a hockey game(old rink). Never really had traffic problems like the ones I am hearing about. Is it as bad as it sounds?
Is it as bad as it sounds? Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Yep, and then some. I've been to 2/3 of the NFL stadiums on game day and Buffalo ranks right down at the bottom. Horrible traffic management.

Good luck, and enjoy the game!
Yep, and then some. I've been to 2/3 of the NFL stadiums on game day and Buffalo ranks right down at the bottom. Horrible traffic management.

Good luck, and enjoy the game! Originally Posted by Chaz108
Will try to enjoy the game. May have better luck with that next week. Hockey next week. If I can't get it on TV or radio, then go to web link.
One more rationale for the tailgaters to get there early and party - especially since the game itself is usually anti-climatic.
Overall the thing that hurts Buffalo the most is that it really has one of the most poorly designed traffic infrastructures of any city period. Always has always will. I know its only a mid-sized city but there are more two lane bottle necks and one-ways to no where in the city's basic layout so that when ANY event with mass traffic there is Mass problems across the board. No mid-size city has more no where to no where 2 lane routes than Buffalo.

Prime example route 33...A 50 mph basic two lane path from downtown to the airport with log jam exits and merge lanes...even in areas with 3 lanes the shear fact that its an 8 mile stretch of low speed merges and exits get you nowhere to nowhere and slowly at that...you can cover the same area via street traffic with only a 10 min time differential its so bad.

Prime example route 33...A 50 mph basic two lane path from downtown to the airport with log jam exits and merge lanes...even in areas with 3 lanes the shear fact that its an 8 mile stretch of low speed merges and exits get you nowhere to nowhere and slowly at that...you can cover the same area via street traffic with only a 10 min time differential its so bad. Originally Posted by wlhrgfan

You should have been around before they built route 33. The only way out to the burbs was Kensington Ave. and the city had twice the population it has now.
the city had twice the population it has now. Originally Posted by jokacz
Soon it will no doubt have been triple...
the city had twice the population it has now. Originally Posted by jokacz
Soon it will no doubt have been triple... Originally Posted by jymie
So it looks like the traffic problem will work itself out soon enough.
No traffic will always still be an issue even if it decreased 10 fold...We have the largest number of collision shops and auto repair shops in WNY for a reason...No matter how bad the logistics infrastructure or the population density...The one thing you cant take out of here is the lousy drivers. Make the right decision insist on Carruba Collison...Pull up a lawn chair after a sporting event and watch all the fun times begin on the roads lol...And don't forget when its white out conditions and slick roads buffalo drivers still think they can go 50 in a 35
  • Laker
  • 10-04-2010, 05:17 AM
One more rationale for the tailgaters to get there early and party - especially since the game itself is usually anti-climatic. Originally Posted by jackfengshui

The way the Bills are playing they may as well cancel the games, just have tailgating and fantasy football!!

Are Sabres on MSG this year, and if so is Rick Jennret still anouncing?
Laker - yes and yes and HD too! (wish I had HD)
I watch the Fox news on HD to see the daily LA high speed chase cam stories...That way I get to see a real Traffic infrastructure layout...and real Traffic jams at that too the 6 lane not the lil two lane hold ups
  • Laker
  • 10-04-2010, 07:35 AM
I watch the Fox news on HD to see the daily LA high speed chase cam stories...That way I get to see a real Traffic infrastructure layout...and real Traffic jams at that too the 6 lane not the lil two lane hold ups Originally Posted by wlhrgfan
Does the HD show the smog good? I dont have HD either, was thinking about buying hD flat scrren when Bills have a winning season!

Thanks Perry!! IMHO RJ is best announcer in hockey!! Now why can't amerks go back to being in Sabres org.!!!!
Laker, get the HD now. You can see all the Bills mistakes much more clearly.
Does the HD show the smog good? I dont have HD either, was thinking about buying hD flat scrren when Bills have a winning season!

Thanks Perry!! IMHO RJ is best announcer in hockey!! Now why can't amerks go back to being in Sabres org.!!!! Originally Posted by Laker
heh the HD is so good you need a sham cloth to wipe the grit layer off your screen after watching the traffic reports in LA...

Good luck on that winning season in a decade or two, by then the traffic problems will be Toronto's head ache not Buffalo's so yeah stick to the Sabres traffic issues they won't be going anywhere and at least everyone knows that downtown is a one way 1 lane nightmare after the games but at least the drive home is tolerable cause the Sabers usually win at least 2/3 of their home games in the avg season.