Grand jury indicts Alec Baldwin in fatal shooting of cinematographer on movie set in New Mexico

I remember when leftists were defending this guy who killed the cinematographer with his reckless actions

Grand jury indicts Alec Baldwin in fatal shooting of cinematographer on movie set in New Mexico

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — A grand jury indicted Alec Baldwin on Friday on an involuntary manslaughter charge in a 2021 fatal shooting during a rehearsal on a movie set in New Mexico, reviving a dormant case against the actor.

Special prosecutors brought the case before a grand jury in Santa Fe this week, months after receiving a new analysis of the gun that was used. They declined to answer questions after spending about a day and a half presenting their case to the grand jury.

Defense attorneys for Baldwin indicated they’ll fight the charges.

“We look forward to our day in court,” said Luke Nikas and Alex Spiro, defense attorneys for Baldwin, in an email.

While the proceeding is shrouded in secrecy, two of the witnesses seen at the courthouse included crew members — one who was present when the fatal shot was fired and another who had walked off the set the day before due to safety concerns.

Baldwin, the lead actor and a co-producer on the Western movie “Rust,” was pointing a gun at cinematographer Halyna Hutchins during a rehearsal on a movie set outside Santa Fe in October 2021 when the gun went off, killing her and wounding director Joel Souza.

Baldwin has said he pulled back the hammer, but not the trigger, and the gun fired.

The charges have again put Baldwin in legal trouble and created the possibility of prison time for an actor who has been a TV and movie mainstay for nearly 40 years, with roles in the early blockbuster “The Hunt for Red October,” Martin Scorsese’s “The Departed” and the sitcom “30 Rock.”
Good, but I also hope that the person who was responsible for the guns and ammunition is also charged. There was ZERO reason for there to be live ammunition on set, none the less for a gun which was being used in a scene to be loaded. If anything, Baldwin is also a victim, abit a guilty one.
The real guilty party was the person in charge of the weapons. There were so many points where this could had been prevented, and they dropped the ball at every single one
Grand juries would indict ham sandwiches. Does anyone actually think Alec will get any punishment?
A0hhhh no!
No way I buy Baldwin had any idea the gun had real ammunition in it. If he didn’t know he shouldn’t be held accountable.

Like others mentioned, why in the hell was there any real ammunition on location.
I’ll guess some of those people may not know the difference between real and fake ammunition.
No way I buy Baldwin had any idea the gun had real ammunition in it. If he didn’t know he shouldn’t be held accountable.

Like others mentioned, why in the hell was there any real ammunition on location.
I’ll guess some of those people may not know the difference between real and fake ammunition. Originally Posted by Chase7

he didn't. i doubt Baldwin could tell the difference in a live round or a blank, that's the Armorer's job and she clearly make a deadly mistake.

that said, Baldwin did pull the trigger. his story that he didn't is bullshit, he's trying to cover his fat ass.

the gun in question is a single action revolver. it can't be fired without the hammer cocked and then someone pulls the trigger. the FBI and two independent firearms experts concluded this fact.

Baldwin doesn't deserve the same charges as the Armorer but he does have some culpability in the incident.
I was raised by someone who was into guns. Big hunter and a competitive pistol shooter in the military. His constant reminder was never, under any circumstances, point a gun at anyone. And you sure as hell don’t pull the trigger while you do it!

I think the Armorer, the industry(lax safety) and Baldwin share blame. Probably in that order.
he didn't. i doubt Baldwin could tell the difference in a live round or a blank, that's the Armorer's job and she clearly make a deadly mistake.

that said, Baldwin did pull the trigger. his story that he didn't is bullshit, he's trying to cover his fat ass.

the gun in question is a single action revolver. it can't be fired without the hammer cocked and then someone pulls the trigger. the FBI and two independent firearms experts concluded this fact.

Baldwin doesn't deserve the same charges as the Armorer but he does have some culpability in the incident. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
I have pretty much the same take on all this. One has to feel horrible for Baldwin though... JFC. What a nightmare. Culpability is a better word for it, than blame, for Baldwin. The armorer bears the brunt of the blame.
I have pretty much the same take on all this. One has to feel horrible for Baldwin though... JFC. What a nightmare. Culpability is a better word for it, than blame, for Baldwin. The armorer bears the brunt of the blame. Originally Posted by tommy156

exactly. think what you like of Baldwin (i'm not a fan for more reasons than one) but he was genuinely upset in the aftermath of that event. he was unwittingly made the instrument of this tragedy.
think what you like of Baldwin (i'm not a fan for more reasons than one) but he was genuinely upset in the aftermath of that event. he was unwittingly made the instrument of this tragedy. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Seems like an accident vs any premeditated or manslaughter type of action. Sometimes accidents happen. But I have to disagree on Baldwin as an actor. If you never saw Glenn Gary, Glenn Ross, it's fucking epic. He's baller in that, and a great flick with Sir Anthony Hopkins, the Edge. Also great...and let's not forget his parody of the Orange menace himself, or Schwetty Balls.

And no body tells off a snotty teenager like Alec Baldwin on the phone!! Lol
Seems like an accident vs any premeditated or manslaughter type of action. Sometimes accidents happen. But I have to disagree on Baldwin as an actor. If you never saw Glenn Gary, Glenn Ross, it's fucking epic. He's baller in that, and a great flick with Sir Anthony Hopkins, the Edge. Also great...and let's not forget his parody of the Orange menace himself, or Schwetty Balls.

And no body tells off a snotty teenager like Alec Baldwin on the phone!! Lol Originally Posted by eyecu2

it was an accident. that Armorer never intended to load a live round and Baldwin never intended to fire an unsafe round. that Armorer by the way was a greenhorn with very little actual experience in the industry and had prior issues on another movie just prior to this one. her only claim to fame is she, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, happens to be the daughter of a famous armorer named Thell Reed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_shooting_incident

Rust was Gutierrez-Reed's second film serving as lead armorer. On her first film, The Old Way, several crew members complained about her handling of firearms, including an incident in which she discharged a weapon without warning and caused lead actor Nicolas Cage to walk off set.[14]

i like some of Baldwin's movies, "The Hunt for Red October" is an example. but Sean Connery was the real star. bahahhaaaaaaa
Good, but I also hope that the person who was responsible for the guns and ammunition is also charged. There was ZERO reason for there to be live ammunition on set, none the less for a gun which was being used in a scene to be loaded. If anything, Baldwin is also a victim, abit a guilty one.
The real guilty party was the person in charge of the weapons. There were so many points where this could had been prevented, and they dropped the ball at every single one Originally Posted by onawbtngr546

Wrong, if your going to pickup up a gun you better know the basics of gun handling. Finger off the trigger, a d do t point it at anything you don't intend to destroy!
He's an entitled asshole, he's gonna get what he deserves.
Innocent victim?
Really?
Fuck him!
Baldwin is no victim in this. He is guilty (just like the person who put live bullets into the gun)

Any gun owner knows you never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger
The only reason I say he can be considered a victim is because he unintentionally killed someone, and he has to live with it. How that trauma effects him, or doesn't, don't care. But he at least lost some sleep over it.
I predict that if it does go to trial, he will be found not Guity. They had to rebuild the gun, to run the test, with new parts because the original was so old it fell apart. The lawyers will argue it isn't the same gun.
Baldwin is no victim in this. He is guilty (just like the person who put live bullets into the gun)

Any gun owner knows you never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger Originally Posted by berryberry

different circumstance here. it's a movie scene where he was supposed to shoot the weapon. in fact, they were rehearsing the scene when this happened

The only reason I say he can be considered a victim is because he unintentionally killed someone, and he has to live with it. How that trauma effects him, or doesn't, don't care. But he at least lost some sleep over it. Originally Posted by onawbtngr546

he is a victim but he's still potentially guilty on negligent homicide

if you have a car accident where someone dies it's negligent homicide

I predict that if it does go to trial, he will be found not Guity. They had to rebuild the gun, to run the test, with new parts because the original was so old it fell apart. The lawyers will argue it isn't the same gun. Originally Posted by 1#Ratt

while Baldwin's lawyers would be smart to bring that up the fact that the FBI and the independent experts both came to the same conclusion .. the gun could not be fired without pulling the trigger means Baldwin did unwittingly and certainly not on purpose commit negligent homicide