More reason to tread carefully when hobbying in Arlington

From the mayor’s State of the City address this week:

“The Arlington Police Department has launched a new unit known as HEAT (Human Exploitation and Trafficking) to investigate all trafficking and child exploitation cases. In addition to investigating reported trafficking cases, HEAT works with regional and federal partners like Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) to conduct operations targeting child predators, traffickers, and prostitution. HEAT participated in a recent HSI operation that resulted in 134 arrests across North Texas, including dozens in Arlington. Since January, the unit has submitted 59 arrest warrants and 144 search warrants.“

There may have been some press releases when this unit started up, but I don’t recall seeing one. In any event, Mayor Ross thought it was worthy enough for a bullet point in his list of accomplishments for the year.

Here’s the link, but that was the only mention of it so no need to read the entire article unless you’re just interested in what is going on in Ag-town.

https://www.arlingtontx.gov/news/my_...the_city_recap
Arlington has been a hotspot since the stadium and remains on my no-fly zone list with irving. In Dallas, they have better things to worry about but in those two cities, they are specifically looking for industry people.
Use "Trafficking" in your language, and ask HSI for cooperation, and you will receive Federal Grant money. Our tax dollars are freely being given for this. This is a revenue generator for local LE. They turn around and buy cars, or cameras, or any additional items that their Annual Budget couldn't buy.

LadyA - DPD does target "industry people. They just shut 3 Amps in KoreanTown in recent days. (Glad to hear you have a "no-fly zone". Playing safely & wisely in this Hobbyverse is important.)