can we get an explanation

So we have a poster who has called members "mentally challenged" outed a member of our site, and hasn't been banned. Every post where said poster has made bannable offenses has been closed by the same moderator.

How is this happening? The poster even went as far as to say she turned a member of this site into his apartment complex owner and his school, posted his real world name and isn't banned?! Can we get a reason as to why this is allowed to happen instead of just closing a thread?

Our safety should be the most important piece of this puzzle we deserve an explanation at the very least as to how this person can still post here.
Why do YOU need an explanation?

"Gents" still post here who have advocated or admitted to intentional stealthing, blackmail, illegal recording, calling the cops on providers, doxxing their social media, turning them in to their employers, engaging in vigilante justice or calling for vigilante justice, tricking providers into seeing them, feeding their other hobbies and more.

Where's your outrage then?
My outrage is that I have gotten warnings and points for far less. I was banned over 8 yrs ago for doing something less than this. What is fair for one SHOULD be fair for all.

This poster gave the guys name. You can argue if it was his legit name until you are blue in the face but the fact remains the "mod" went and edited it out.

Like I said before, safety should be the biggest concern. None of the posters here that I have seen ever threatened to out a provider to her school or to her housing complex. If I missed it I apologize but in the many years I've posted here, ASPD, the other site, I've never seen it happen.

I am not just saying I need an explanation, I feel we all do. WHy do people get warnings or posts for off topic conversation but it's cool to out a guy, his race, and his personal info, all while calling the members of this site "mentally challenged"

That is my outrage. If you don't like it you don't have to respond. We all have choices. This poster chose to out someone and to run with it and should have to pay the consequences for it.
If all of this is true the poster absolutely needs to be permanently banned.
it is true, you can see it in the two posts in this very section of the site. I am shocked more people aren't upset.
100% in agreement with paintbynumbers. Makes absolutely no sense to me. Zero. User safety and privacy should the single most important and cardinal rule on this site. Apparently, it’s not. Also makes one think twice about using this site.
You deserved the ban you got. This latest poster deserves the ban that's likely coming.

But you also know that there are mods and ADMINS. And that you're owed zero explanation on what happens with anyone else's account.

When I know more about your ban than my own warnings, it's because you beat the fairness flag to death and keep bringing it up in a vain attempt to poke the mods for what you perceive as unequal treatment.
I didn't beat anything to death. This is a site that has rules. How many people were complaining about unfair points and warnings? Sure, I was one of them, but again, what's fair is fair.

If you can't see that it's fine, but others can and have also voiced their opinion. HD, how would you feel if you were the person outed? I am assuming you would be pissed and be calling for a ban. I put myself in the original posters shoes and also used an open mind before starting this thread.

Not once did I use either of the poster's names, but I did allude to the two threads as a way to prove my statement. You had a mod who saw both posts as he not only made edits he closed the threads.

An outting happened, threats to a posters school (current or former we do not know) and his home were both made and are still on this site for reference. How a ban has not yet happened should absolutely be addressed.

As I said, put yourself in that original posters shoes and you damn sure would want answers.
I've been outed and blackmailed, painted.

Never been banned. I don't think we're walking in each other's shoes.

Charley's thread was closed. You demanding answers on the same topic isn't going to get you the answers you seek.
I've never had an issue with you Gristle and if you were outed and blackmailed then that really sucks and should never have happened. If that happened to you on here then I truly would hope whoever did it was banned.

Yes, I was banned as I had a girl who still provides in Pittsburgh steal money from me. She admitted to it and then went and advertised on here. I was a lot younger and made a mistake and took my punishment.

Maybe I won't get answers but people are pissed and it seems like someone may be getting favoritism by just letting it go. If one person gets away with stuff like this who's to say more girls won't come on here to do the same?
Not everything happens instantaneously. And you absolutely don't see all the threads or posts that they whisk off to what I assume is holding area that still exists and counts towards your post count but isn't visible to non-staff. We've seen that when threads disappear and reappear sanitized of a few. We've also seen when mods edit out items on the fly in real time.

The mods don't have final say. They triage. They issue warnings. Not all of their discipline sticks. And they and the admins have lives outside of this shit.

There's zero value in poking a volunteer who already puts up with enough childishness in a day while they're getting Monday morning quarterbacked by every other person they give a warning or points to that have no idea they weren't the only one who got warned or got points.
You sound like my X.
You sound like my X. Originally Posted by livermore
So she was logical, fair minded and intelligent?

Why is she your ex?
Whatever dreamgirl. Move on.
So we have a poster who has called members "mentally challenged" outed a member of our site, and hasn't been banned. Every post where said poster has made bannable offenses has been closed by the same moderator.

How is this happening? The poster even went as far as to say she turned a member of this site into his apartment complex owner and his school, posted his real world name and isn't banned?! Can we get a reason as to why this is allowed to happen instead of just closing a thread?

Our safety should be the most important piece of this puzzle we deserve an explanation at the very least as to how this person can still post here. Originally Posted by paintedbynumbers
Interactions between the ECCIE staff and other members are private matters and not discussed with other members unless the other member(s)are directly involved. These actions would never be discussed in the open forum regardless.

There will no further staff comments related to this perceived problem