Texting Rules - A Refresher

• selot
  • 08-05-2014, 05:05 AM
Ladies and Gents, what are some of the rules you have about texting?

I have two simple ones.

DO NOT ever text me after 10pm unless we have a scheduled meeting that will occur after 10pm. I am usually in bed and asleep by 10, and do not like getting woke up with a text message at 2:02 am.

Do not text me every hour/day/week etc. to ask me if I want to come see you. A PM will work just fine.

I know that most guys will say get a hobby phone, however I have the luxury of an SO that hobby's with me, so I don't have to use alternate means. Still don't like getting woke up in the middle of the night.

What are your rules for texting? Both the ladies and the Men!
Still.... easiest solution is a hobby phone or google voice. you are not going to change people. Just deal with it.
Ladies, send taint photos.
With most phones these days, you can also set a schedule to mute incoming texts / calls within a time period (say 10:00 PM - 7:00 AM).
1. If I text you it's from my hobby phone and you're free to text me back.

2. If I'm crazy enough to text you with my business phone (i.e. supplied by my employer and, therefore, all messages sent/received are subject of inquiry by my employer and, if the use is found to be contrary to company policy, immediate termination) I'll probably be unemployed for a while and unable to see you.

3. If I text you from a phone I take home with me and my wife or girlfriend finds a "Hey baby..cum fuck me!!" text then my testicles will likely be in the Dixie Cup she'll keep in the home I lost in the divorce settlement and any $$ I had will be in her possession.

Get a hobby phone.
With most phones these days, you can also set a schedule to mute incoming texts / calls within a time period (say 10:00 PM - 7:00 AM). Originally Posted by jbravo_123
+10. Has saved me so many times...
I am a firm believer that a provider should NEVER reach out to a client first by phone. You never know where he may be or who may be around. Causing issues for my friends is not something I want to do. I also don't feel it's appropriate to reach out to try to get a guy to come see you. If he wants an appt, let him contact me/the provider. I personally don't find desperate an attractive quality. Just my 2 cents.
Exactly what Txcwby6 said.......mega dittos

If you persist in not getting a hobby phone, most phones have a setting to turn off the ringer or vibrate....use that because you will NEVER change other peoples behavior no matter how many post you put up.

Even though providers should not contact hobbyists first.....guess what, some do, especially around rent time, car note time, etc.
I am a firm believer that a provider should NEVER reach out to a client first by phone. You never know where he may be or who may be around. Causing issues for my friends is not something I want to do. I also don't feel it's appropriate to reach out to try to get a guy to come see you. If he wants an appt, let him contact me/the provider. I personally don't find desperate an attractive quality. Just my 2 cents. Originally Posted by Kendall4U
I love you!!!
I love you!!! Originally Posted by dongeykong
Is that ALL it took? Well hot damn!
I am a firm believer that a provider should NEVER reach out to a client first by phone. You never know where he may be or who may be around. Causing issues for my friends is not something I want to do. I also don't feel it's appropriate to reach out to try to get a guy to come see you. If he wants an appt, let him contact me/the provider. I personally don't find desperate an attractive quality. Just my 2 cents. Originally Posted by Kendall4U
This was rule number one in my texting rules. Also, from the stories I've heard, nothing good can come from seeing a girl who texts you out of the blue because she needs money.
I am a firm believer that a provider should NEVER reach out to a client first by phone. You never know where he may be or who may be around. Originally Posted by Kendall4U
Absolute wisdom right there.
You being incredibly hot doesn't hurt either!
Ladies and Gents, what are some of the rules you have about texting?

I have two simple ones.

DO NOT ever text me after 10pm unless we have a scheduled meeting that will occur after 10pm. I am usually in bed and asleep by 10, and do not like getting woke up with a text message at 2:02 am.

Do not text me every hour/day/week etc. to ask me if I want to come see you. A PM will work just fine.

I know that most guys will say get a hobby phone, however I have the luxury of an SO that hobby's with me, so I don't have to use alternate means. Still don't like getting woke up in the middle of the night.

What are your rules for texting? Both the ladies and the Men! Originally Posted by selot
Get an iPhone and put it in Night Mode when you wish not to be disturbed. That way only important people you've preselected from your contact list will chime and all others will be silenced. Rule 1 resolved :-). It's hard to change other peoples behavior but this solution works just the same.