tattoos, nose rings, etc.

Some small tattoos I have seen look good, and add to a person's look.

What I don't understand is the giant tattoos, or when many tattoos cover so much
of the body - especially the arms. It does not look attractive at all.

Why do people go for this look, or for the other jewelry - nose rings, piercings and
hoops around the mouth, etc ?
How can one explain why they find some things attractive that you don't?

I'm fine with tattoos.....

I accept piercings of the ears, navel, nipples and clit because its so prevalent but would prefer if they weren't.

If they have facial piercings of any kind it's a turn off completely and I won't see them. It'll put me on the fence if they have piercings in other spots of their body such as the small of their back, down their spine, or their sides. Things like that are a turn off for me.

In no way can I explain why I find those things unattractive. It just is what it is.
Nowadays it seems more like people do it because others do it. I remember in high school, a
guy showed up one day with suede tan cowboy boots. They looked stylish. After a couple of
months, about 30% of the guys were wearing them to school.
How can one explain why they find some things attractive that you don't? Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
This is very well put EA, I have come to terms that there will always be different preferences for different people
You can also spot trends in tats - once girls started getting "script quotes" on their body it became a rather odd nuisance (in my opinion). If I wanted to read part of Hamlet (yes, I have seen this on a provider in Chicago - she had Hamlet's soliloquy in script down the side of her body from under the armpit to her hip), I would just get it on Google Books for free.

The sad part is, so many girls do this it becomes silly. Some quote from some movie, or some love poem. Spare me.

What happened to tats that were cool drawings? And I don't mean tribal tats or some Celtic cross, either - like really cool drawings.
The fact that you don't like it should tell ou she didn't do it for you lol..... Deal.....