Would the Republican Party survive Trumps defeat?

If Donald Trump loses the election, to hear him and his campaign tell it, the fate of the Republican Party should be the least of our concerns: His defeat would spell the end of the nation itself and all that we hold dear.

But let’s assume that Trump and company are exaggerating and that the country continues to exist. What would the GOP look like after he loses — again?

This scenario seems to be getting a lot of attention lately, perhaps because Trump himself has been emphasizing that if he loses — again — it will be because of fraud — again. Such rhetoric does not exude confidence in his prospects.

Some observers seem to think the GOP might not survive a Trump defeat. Under the headline “Potential Trump loss threatens destruction of modern GOP,” Axios predicted that the party would be plagued by an “identity crisis,” a “brutal power struggle” and “years in the wilderness.” Why? Because “Never before has a party’s identity been so deeply entwined with the fate, fortunes and flaws of one man.”

As this is a post about a post Nov 5th, Loss- please remember to keep the comments related to the GOP and a possible Trump loss, vs. rhetoric of doom and collapse or 'whataboutism'. Not looking for boasts about the polls or prognosis of "never gonna happen".

Serious replies on the state of the GOP are definitely welcome.
If Trump loses next month, legitimately or not, I foresee things like the rise in ranked choice voting and the abolition of the Electoral College making the GOP more of a regional and local party for the next generation. No way they get another candidate in the White House. They may hold slim majorities of the House, at times, but I think they don't sniff a Senate majority past the next election cycle, and SCOTUS will be remade with nominations even more "progressive" than before (either by replacement, or adding new seats).

One could say it was so easy for Trump to become the head of the GOP, as a former labor Democrat, because the GOP already had an identity crisis of sorts. Prior to Trump, being the party of endless wars and corporate welfare wasn't a great sell to the American people anymore. I find it interesting how the Democrats (or at least the DNC) have now folded in the "endless wars and corporate welfare" part of the old GOP platform, into its own, and kept the "justice" wing of the party in check. With no more GOP boogeyman, the Democrats may face their own splintering and internal conflict, as I don't think without a unifying lightening rod like Trump, they will all stay on the same page. Maybe the end result is finally breaking the duopoly of political power in the United States...and perhaps that will be the silver lining that comes out of all of this.
I hope it does, and that MAGA breaks off into its own party, as well as the ultra left.

The two party system is choking this country but at present there's no way around it. Hence Trump.