Abortion, family planning,& women's rights

Seems that in a majority of states that took the decision of Roe v Wade, and overturned their ability for constituents to get abortions when needed, have been met by block and injunction by most judges in the states. I think that most Republicans should be thankful that these states have not had the chance to fully enforce this, as it would turn out women voters and an even higher percentage if they had no remedy for abortions regardless of the reason for request. I still think it's going to be a major voting component, along with inflation and other economic issues, but nothing makes a woman more pissed off than telling her what she can and can't do. I think the Dems on the other hand are appreciative of securing at least women's access to this service if required again regardless of morality and other stigma, but are pissed because courts decisions to allow abortion to continue, willlikely will lessen the effect of states that have decided to outlaw abortion outright......And of course you got Lady Lindsey Graham, clutching her pearls and trying to institute a federal law. Clutching it trying to be relevant, in a situation that he would never be involved in since all he does is fluff other men and secretly likes to get poked in the ass.

Still a lot of drama between now and November to get resolved. While I don't like the idea of abortion for family planning, I don't think most men should have much of a say about what women can and can't do with their bodies.
  • Devo
  • 09-22-2022, 03:18 PM
Abortions will still happen, just as they did before Roe, my mother was a health and home ec teacher, and we watched this happen, IE, Roe, she was of all things, a Republican feminist.

She told me that doctors just did the procedure behind closed doors, nudge nudge, wink wink.

You also have morning after pills, far better and more types of birth control now, versus the seventies.

Plus, its going to force women to be a bit proactive now, can't be a slut banging 30 guys a month and getting your birth control by scraping a baby out ten times a year, and, I think that's a good thing.