for all you salty guys and gals

• Seedy
  • 12-02-2010, 10:46 PM
If I'm not engaging in bedroom sports I'm on the water, or in the water. The flounder bite has been phenominal, redfish on the grass flats and beachfront, bull reds in the deep chanells and the stripers are starting in trinity bay ,got into them good the other night. How about any of you?
Dude.... I'm interested in the flounders.... Where specifically are you finding them?.... I have scoped out what appear to be some great spots on google maps in Trinity Bay, but cannot find the time to get there.... Should I get out I want go right to them.... Any help?...
I got a buddy that is s kayak fishing guide. If you wanna find the fish he will put you on em. I swear if there is only one fish out there he will be the one to get it even if o cast right where he is lol.

Kayak fishing is one of the most enjoyable times I've had fishing.
  • Seedy
  • 12-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Dude.... I'm interested in the flounders.... Where specifically are you finding them?.... I have scoped out what appear to be some great spots on google maps in Trinity Bay, but cannot find the time to get there.... Should I get out I want go right to them.... Any help?... Originally Posted by srvfin
Most of the flounder hot spots right now are farther south towards the gulf, around seawolf park in galveston ,south and north jetties, rollover pass in boliver. And down san luis pass toward surfside. The texas city dike could be good also . Man the night after the last cold front came in the striper action in trinity was on. They hit like a ton of bricks fight like hell, but aren't that great eating. Still a lot of fun.
  • Seedy
  • 12-03-2010, 10:20 AM
I got a buddy that is s kayak fishing guide. If you wanna find the fish he will put you on em. I swear if there is only one fish out there he will be the one to get it even if o cast right where he is lol.

Kayak fishing is one of the most enjoyable times I've had fishing. Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
I've done it a few times especially at night over at tiki island fishing by homes that have lights on the water . Some people get real pissed off and turn the lights off,fuck em we just go to the next one , we're not doing anything wrong ,tresspassing and the like, the water is public property. They are just assholes. For me , I used to be so concerned about getting your limit on this and that, that's all bullshit, now I don't give a rats ass if I catch anything. It's so ralaxing just being out there either by myself or with good friends, if I catch something fine if not fine also, life is too fucking short ,good friends ,good laughs, good pussy, not nessarily in that order.
  • Seedy
  • 12-03-2010, 10:23 AM

Kayak fishing is one of the most enjoyable times I've had fishing. Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
I've done it a few times especially at night over at tiki island fishing by homes that have lights on the water . Some people get real pissed off and turn the lights off,fuck em we just go to the next one , we're not doing anything wrong ,tresspassing and the like, the water is public property. They are just assholes. For me , I used to be so concerned about getting your limit on this and that, that's all bullshit, now I don't give a rats ass if I catch anything. It's so ralaxing just being out there either by myself or with good friends, if I catch something fine if not fine also, life is too fucking short ,good friends ,good laughs, good pussy, not nessarily in that order. People need to lighten up enjoy life!
I've caught several bull reds over 40" at Seawolf Park this past October/November.

I use #12 hooks with small bits of shrimp to catch bait fish (sand trout, whiting, piggy perch) then cut them up and put it on a 7/0 hook on the surf rod. Toss that rascal out, put the rod in a hole on the pier, and wait for the rod to start going nuts, then it's on.

I hate those 6" hardheads!
Tomorrow I will be at

1. 61st pier
2. Seawolf Park
3. Rollover Pass
4. Surfside Jetties

Don't ask me, I won't figure it out till tomorrow morning.
Dude.... Killed the flounder at Rollover on Saturday!.... All huge, on mud minnows and finger mullet....
Dude.... Killed the flounder at Rollover on Saturday!.... All huge, on mud minnows and finger mullet.... Originally Posted by srvfin
Gulf side or bay side? Fishing top, middle, or bottom?
Dude.... Bay side and always on the bottom.... Thinking about going back this Saturday and trying the gulf side.... My thinking is with all the cold weather this week they may be in a little deeper water, maybe even out on the sandbars....
Gonna bump, thread is not yet a month old.

Got shutout at Seawolf yesterday. Wife caught one sand trout, that was it for about 2.5 hours. We left sooner than we wanted to as angry clouds were starting to form. I don't think Seawolf got but just a sprinkle, however it's a long walk (1/4 mile) from the end of the pier to the parking area.

But the good thing is that the weather was great when we got there, and we had hooks in the water. I just love the simple things like being on the water, hearing the waves crash, the smell of the water, just walking up and down the pier, casting here and there knowing that at any minute something could latch on to the hook.

When you have a hook in the water, sometimes even a bad day is a great day.
  • Seedy
  • 12-31-2010, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=DEAR_JOHN;886423]Gonna bump, thread is not yet a month old.

Got shutout at Seawolf yesterday. Wife caught one sand trout, that was it for about 2.5 hours. We left sooner than we wanted to as angry clouds were starting to form. I don't think Seawolf got but just a sprinkle, however it's a long walk (1/4 mile) from the end of the pier to the parking area.

But the good thing is that the weather was great when we got there, and we had hooks in the water. I just love the simple things like being on the water, hearing the waves crash, the smell of the water, just walking up and down the pier, casting here and there knowing that at any minute something could latch on to the hook.

When you have a hook in the water, sometimes even a bad day is a great day.[/QUOT
So true DJ, one of my best friends was on trinity bay the other day and got into the keeper res, he and another guy caught over 120 in 4 hours, he said every single cast, thowing plastic, they left them bitting. Myself I don'_ give a damn catch anything, it just relaxing. If you ever want a fishing report for galveston just pm me I'm wired for sound down here.