Vacation Ideas

Ok ladies and gents I need some recommendations. I am looking to book a 4-5 day trip for me and the missus in April or May without the kids. We have done this the last couple of years and it has been a lot of fun but looking to do something different this year. Last year we went to Vegas and the year before we went to Punta Cana. Where should we go this year?
Costa Rica! Or maybe a cruise to Cozumel? Maybe a trip to Spain? Weather is amazing there during that time of the year and it’s beautiful.

Ireland, wales, and Scotland?

Croatia is pretty ballin too.

Want picturesque scenery? I recommend Vienna, Austria, Prague, Belgium.
Not knowing exactly what you are interested in but if you have never been the Black Hills in South Dakota is amazing.

Deadwood if you like gambling, Crazy Horse mountain carving & museum in Custer, Mount Rushmore, 1800's train ride Hill City to Keystone [train that Gunsmoke episodes filmed on] in Hill City eat at Alpine Inn, near Rapid City is all buildings & props from movie Dances With Wolves, Bear Country USA is close drive thru park where there is 50 or so live bears roaming around. Wind Cave National park, Needles Highway, Pigtail Bridges much more i am not thinking of.

My favorite vacation area
  • frodo
  • 01-24-2019, 08:28 AM
Second Vienna and Prague
Great ideas. Keep ‘em coming. Probably will stick to North and Central America though. I wouldn’t go to Europe for less than 10 days.
Never been to South Dakota. How is the weather in late April/early May?

Not knowing exactly what you are interested in but if you have never been the Black Hills in South Dakota is amazing.

Deadwood if you like gambling, Crazy Horse mountain carving & museum in Custer, Mount Rushmore, 1800's train ride Hill City to Keystone [train that Gunsmoke episodes filmed on] in Hill City eat at Alpine Inn, near Rapid City is all buildings & props from movie Dances With Wolves, Bear Country USA is close drive thru park where there is 50 or so live bears roaming around. Wind Cave National park, Needles Highway, Pigtail Bridges much more i am not thinking of.

My favorite vacation area Originally Posted by WMJ4657
Never been to South Dakota. How is the weather in late April/early May? Originally Posted by g0lfnutt

I would do May & you are still looking at probably upper 40's to 60's low 70 temps.

I was there early June 95 & they had 7" of snow overnight.
Minaki, Ontario, Canada. GREAT fishing, but will probably be a little cold (and possibly snowy) during your time frame.
I’ve always wanted to go to the Bora Bora overwater bungalows with the glass floors.

https://m.fourseasons.com/borabora/a...h_plunge_pool/

They have quite a few overwater bungalows in the Maldives, as well... Substantially less expensive than Bora Bora.

https://www.neverendingvoyage.com/af...s-reethi-beach

Definitely on my bucket list!!
I would love to do Bora Bora or the Maldives but I would definitely want to stay longer than 4-5 days. I like the way you think though! 👍

Anywhere in the South Pacific I am sure would be great! I love Hawaii and I am going there again soon!

I’ve always wanted to go to the Bora Bora overwater bungalows with the glass floors.

https://m.fourseasons.com/borabora/a...h_plunge_pool/

They have quite a few overwater bungalows in the Maldives, as well... Substantially less expensive than Bora Bora.

https://www.neverendingvoyage.com/af...s-reethi-beach

Definitely on my bucket list!! Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Might be a little to cool for the missus. I have hard time getting her away from the beach to try something new...

I would do May & you are still looking at probably upper 40's to 60's low 70 temps.

I was there early June 95 & they had 7" of snow overnight. Originally Posted by WMJ4657
Good idea but my wife doesn’t fish and is not a fan of cold weather either...

Minaki, Ontario, Canada. GREAT fishing, but will probably be a little cold (and possibly snowy) during your time frame. Originally Posted by arealone
Costa Rica is intriguing and I have not been there yet....been to Cozumel and that’s not a bad idea either.

Belize and Roatan might be good options too. Hmmm...

Costa Rica! Or maybe a cruise to Cozumel? Maybe a trip to Spain? Weather is amazing there during that time of the year and it’s beautiful.

Ireland, wales, and Scotland?

Croatia is pretty ballin too.

Want picturesque scenery? I recommend Vienna, Austria, Prague, Belgium. Originally Posted by Parttimehobbyist
Good idea but my wife doesn’t fish and is not a fan of cold weather either... Originally Posted by g0lfnutt
Other than the cold, the views are unbelievable if you like nature.
I do like nature- natural breasts that is...LOL ! I actually enjoy natural beauty of all types.