Bat Shit Crazy???

Where the hell does that term come from? I mean is it because bats hang upside down and then shit. Then the shit from their butts could go either towards their face or roll down their backs. Do the bats that get shit on their face and get called bat shit crazy from other bats because their rickety wings may not cover their faces before the shit gets on it? How did that term come about? I know I helped but I can't take all the credit and I'm not a bat! I mean my sonar rocks, but I am still not a bat.
from Urban Dictionary

A person who is batshit crazy is certifiably nuts. The phrase has origins in the old fashioned term "bats in the belfry." Old churches had a structure at the top called a belfry, which housed the bells. Bats are extremely sensitive to sound and would never inhabit a belfry of an active church where the bell was rung frequently. Occasionally, when a church was abandoned and many years passed without the bell being rung, bats would eventually come and inhabit the belfry. So, when somebody said that an individual had "bats in the belfry" it meant that there was "nothing going on upstairs" (as in that person's brain). To be BATSHIT CRAZY is to take this even a step further. A person who is batshit crazy is so nuts that not only is their belfry full of bats, but so many bats have been there for so long that the belfry is coated in batshit. Hence, the craziest of crazy people are BATSHIT CRAZY.
Well shit. I thought I deciphered it.............Oh well.
  • Rezo
  • 03-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Well shit. I thought I deciphered it.............Oh well. Originally Posted by jasmin
hmm.... i dunno. You just might be on to something. I recommend you go on a fact finding mission right away.

You can use the union's discretionary funds to get a slow boat across the atlantic and then hike on foot to some cave in deep dark africa.
You can be my guide Union will cover the cost....As a matter if fact go solo and report back to me. I'll expect a full detailed report
  • Rezo
  • 03-15-2011, 12:16 AM
sorry, doll. I'm retired now. Surely you got that memo??

Besides... if you want something done right, do it yourself!

Please be sure to send a postcard!
Speakign of Bat shit, I once went snorkling in a cave when I was in Costa Rica. Their were bats in the cave, I was scared but they didn't bother no one. Just flew around. The water in the cave tasted so fresh, but I couldn't stop thinking about the bats and how they probably poop in the water were swimming in. Gives new meaning to "bat shit."
The water in the cave tasted so fresh, but I couldn't stop thinking about the bats and how they probably poop in the water were swimming in. Originally Posted by incognito isis
Did you ever wonder where fish shit?
Lol now thats funny!
Drinking Fish Shit crazy?