where are the cafes??

I am looking for an old fashioned home cooked meal near galleria...............where are the diners/cafes that serve good old home cooking food??

thanks!
Kenny and Ziggy's deli on Post oak near westheimer.
Or Claiborne's cafeteria on Bissonnet near edloe. probably the closest you going to get to "Home Cooking".
  • Trey
  • 05-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Mammas cafe on westhimer is classic American food.
It's a little further away, but Bistro Zelko in the Heights is very good. Also good are BRC and Liberty Kitchen, also in the Heights. And you might consider Haven, just up 59 from the Galleria, next to Twin Peaks.
Mammas cafe on westhimer is classic American food. Originally Posted by trey
Just what i was going to say. One of the best.
Mamas is closed ...that is what YELP says

thanks yall!
Suppose to be a great lil hole in the wall seafood place near you.......Find it and Ill cum take you to eat me out,,,,,,,oh I mean out to eat with me............lol
Suppose to be a great lil hole in the wall seafood place near you.......Find it and Ill cum take you to eat me out,,,,,,,oh I mean out to eat with me............lol Originally Posted by Ms. Athena
lol---yummmy!

Since I am not finding anything........Where can i get some good old fshioned fried chicken near westchase/memorial city/galleria area??
Screw paying for it, I can cook up a storm, I happen to have a few Rib-eye's ready to grill.
We are talking Steak, Baked Potato, Salad, Asparagus’ and to wash it all down a glass of wine or my favorite Vodka….

PM me if you or anyone is interested in dinner, I really do love to cook. Ask Sweetblonde, I made her homemade waffles one morning.

Hope to hear from you,
I am looking for an old fashioned home cooked meal near galleria...............where are the diners/cafes that serve good old home cooking food??

thanks! Originally Posted by DallasRain
Katz's on Westheimer just east of Montrose is good.. but if you venture into midtown go to Lankfords grocery store 88 Dennis street

it was featured on Diners, Dives and Drive inns.

their triple cheeseburger is a meal for 2!

and not too far away is one of my favorite coffee houses.. CoffeeGroundz
at McGowan and Brazos
Wakeup is our resident diner reviewer here in Houston, shoot him a pm and I'm sure he will be glad to give ya a rundown on good places to eat
thanks yall! I found some good grub! Mwahhhhhhhhhh!!