Bar 4

I leave my blade in her side as she goes limp.

It's odd I think. Normally I'd be calling in by now. I've done it countless times before but this time I have the overwhelming need to feel the full weight of her in my arms. I draw her close to me and I'm telling myself I'm retired of course but then you're never truly retired they say. I think of those I've fought beside. Those I've laughed and cried with over the years that are gone. They're just mist now. Unless you have been part of a team over time you can not possibly don't know what that means and I truly pity you.

I rock her back and forth . “The carpet must have been very expensive when it was installed decades ago.” I contemplate. Then I notice particles of dust slowly falling in the rays of sunlight through the drapes. The fact that my arms ache and the blood that ran down my arm has dried snaps me back to the present. How long have I been here like this I wonder?

I stand and lay her on the bed with care and look over my situation. There is only one reason she was sent for me. But why did she hesitate. She must have thought I would want to talk first?
I had no choice of course. I stare at my hands and see the blood on my them. WTF is wrong with me I wonder? I broke no rules. No protocol.
well that's a little dark and sounds like it could be part of a novel.
Thanks. this was part 4 out of 7 or 8 I think.Sometimes I play at writing.
But you play very well at it. One would think that you might have a remote chance at advancing past a philosopher level. If you do acomplish that, perhaps Dorothy might challange her fear of Flying Monkey and Thursday Fireballs.
I am the king of philosophers of a certain age. A player at writing. I hide behind a thick curtain.
I am the king of philosophers of a certain age. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
You wish. Another on this board has that. And you know that your next advancement requires a lot of PR.
Show me. Who is it?
Perhaps you comprehend the entrance of the laybrenth. Do you even
have the key to the first level?
I have no bravado. No enlightenment to give because I know too much. That's what the little men tell me anyway. They no longer fear me they say. So I run for now. However lust will soon
have it's day. Little fools.
"'Im full of crap so just igore me." To the monster.
Thanks. this was part 4 out of 7 or 8 I think.Sometimes I play at writing. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
this has the makings of a best seller and is exactly the type of novel I would read.
She sleeps, and, she allows me to watch her dream.
(Btw, you pre-empted the title I was going to use for that poem. It did fit yours better)
Show me. Who is it? Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
You have seen the steel.

Perhaps you comprehend the entrance of the laybrenth. Do you even have the key to the first level? Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
A locksmith can enter wherever he desires, and the stonemason knows where the hidden passages are to all levels.

I have no bravado. No enlightenment to give because I know too much. That's what the little men tell me anyway. They no longer fear me they say. So I run for now. However lust will soon have it's day. Little fools. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
"Knowing yourself is enlightenment - Lao Tzu"
Thus, enlightenment cannot be given, it must be accepted. The little men no longer fear you because you run. Do you not need to stop running for lust to have its day? Yes they are fools, cause when you stop running, they will become afraid.

"'I’m full of crap so just ignore me." To the monster. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
But the monsters are always hungry, and they're only a few steps behind.
---------------------------
Btw, You should work on the rest of the story.
She sleeps, and, she allows me to watch her dream.
(Btw, you pre-empted the title I was going to use for that poem. It did fit yours better)

You have seen the steel.

A locksmith can enter wherever he desires, and the stonemason knows where the hidden passages are to all levels.

"Knowing yourself is enlightenment - Lao Tzu"
Thus, enlightenment cannot be given, it must be accepted. The little men no longer fear you because you run. Do you not need to stop running for lust to have its day? Yes they are fools, cause when you stop running, they will become afraid.

But the monsters are always hungry, and they're only a few steps behind.
Btw, You should work on the rest of the story. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Well there appears to be more than one talented person you both write very very well!
The little men no longer fear you because you run. Do you not need to stop running for lust to have its day? Yes they are fools, cause when you stop running, they will become afraid.
I run because I am afraid for them.
TY Nicole.

Btw, You should work on the rest of the story.[/QUOTE] I'll give it a try.
I'll put the novel here in Ohio as "The Bar"