Screening: Review counts as a tool

Ladies,

A recent review posted in the DFW forums was attacked on many fronts for many reasons. Maybe the reasons were legit, maybe they were not. One of the complaints gave me pause to reflect.

First, understand that I provide very little screening, if my reputation is not enough, then we will not meet. No hard feelings on my side, I understand your rules, and I accept them.

However, in the review in question, the reviewer had written two reviews that were not of good enough quality to be given credit by the mods. Complaint was that despite this, his review count just went up by two. And this is true.

I have had several ladies who have seen me just cuz I have a lot of posts and a fair number of reviews. My question to you is, did you check out my reviews? Did you see who I reviewed, how I reviewed them? If I guy is seeing mostly streetwalkers and dancers in strip clubs, are those reviews enough to make you comfortable with him?

Is he seeing mostly high dollar hotties and you are fresh off of BP, still smacking your bubble gum? Do you think you are what he wants? (I know this is a much tougher one, I am asking you to consider that a guy will not think you are good enough for him, but being honest with yourself may prevent a bad experience.)

Is he seeing mostly (you name it, white, black, Asian, thin, BBW, old, young, etc.) and you are the exact opposite, is there a chance you will not mesh?

Does he have 10 reviews and they are all negative reviews? Do you think you can be the one gal to change his mind?

After he writes a review, do the guys pile in and support him or attack him? Does his review style invite guys to attack a girl, or support a girl?

Does the guy have 15 reviews of 15 totally different gals? Or does he have 15 reviews, with 5 of them from the same, well-known and respected gal? I know some guys like the variety, and nothing wrong with that, but if one gal is willing to see the same guy 5 times, he might just be an okay guy.

Numbers do not make a good visit occur. Quantity does not lead to quality.

Let me give you the flip side. If I am going to see a gal I have never seen before, I am going to read every review of her. If that means I read all 47 reviews written of her, bith negative & positive, then so be it. If you screen by something like number of reviews, do you read every review written by the guy? I know you can't read the ROS, but trust me, in most cases you can get a feel for the guy from his reviews and the banter, or lack of it, with the other guys.

I am sure the ladies can expound on my little soap box speach, I will return to my lair on this beautiful afternoon.
Well said tigercat....
I always check the reviews.. AND who the gent sees if he is P411. I'm sure several gentlemen can vouch for the fact that if I see a lot of slender or "fit" girls on his "list".. that I will be sure to clarify with him that I am a bigger girl than what his history would suggest he goes for on a normal basis. Most still book with me because they are intrigued... but I've had a few think me profusely for being direct with them and it saved both myself and them an awkward visit.
Tigercat, I'm with you. I rarely have to provide any screening info and I would assume it is because I have a track record. Those that do ask, I refer to my reviews. If that is not sufficient, then it was not meant to be. And while I readily offer to do a review, I don't often review the same girl, multiple times; I don't think it serves any purpose other than to pad my PA. I thoroughly research a provider through her reviews and I strongly encourage providers to do the same with us. It makes for more compatible relationships and helps keep our venue a safer place to play, but it has to be more than numbers; you need to read them.
I am so glad I saw this thread! I'm kinda learning as I go and still a little new to the screening process. I would love any tips and definitely learned something here!
When the reviews have pictures, then I will read them. Until then the reviews are meaningless much like the rules.
Thanks Tigercat. Interesting.

Each lady has her own level of screening safety.

Those of us that have been around way too long sometimes expect longevity alone to get us there.
That has become less and less true.
As far as reviews go, sometimes you write them, and sometimes not, I do a lot less than the ASPD days.
Since ladies can't access the BCD comments, it really doesn't help, except for notation of the recommendation as a yes or no.

Some ladies ask way too much and I typically decide to pass.
I always try to give the lady what she needs for screening, and I will jump through some hoops.
To a point.

There are plenty of service to use for screening (p411 and date check for example)
Great thread.
I read everything. Reviews, comments, etc., It is all being mentally absorbed and then I base my decision upon my findings and MY perception.
Since ladies can't access the BCD comments, it really doesn't help, except for notation of the recommendation as a yes or no. Originally Posted by DallasDoc
Well, you have to ask yourself; what are the ladies screening for? a.) a good review history should tell the provider a lot about the client; who he sees, type of girl he likes, what he pays, activities he likes, etc. and can give an indication of how safe it is to schedule with him and b.) in most cases (not all) provides the other providers to contact for verification. But again, it has to be quality, not quantity. Thoughts, ladies?

And Anne, you're a real cutie. Screening is going to be a big part of your future.
I definetly aggree as i am new to the review process and client boards, i have always used profiles to tell if someone was real or not. Personally the only thing i am screening for is the cops. I browse through guys reviews all the time to see who they reviewed and if they see aa girls, spinner girls, 20 y/o girls. I think that if a guy on here has about 20 reviews or more, and 1,000+ posts, yea hes probably not the cops and he is probably just another regular person just like i am behind my profile and showcase. Not to mention if he has a bunch of reviews he probably has etiquitte and is not a serial killer. I have a pretty good 6th sense and awareness of aura's, i am a mythicl person and i rely on my "gut" and of course research and how our conversation goes, and so far in time of hooking up i have never been attacked, or harmed, or encountered the police (knocks on wood). I was in chat one day and heard a guy with like 75 reviews very well known on the boards, and everything saying that a provider would not see him, he could not pass her screening. I was bewildered is not obvious he is legit?

anywho just my thoughts
Of new acquaintances I've met over the past couple of years, I'd guess that very few knew much of anything about me -- other than that I had X number of okays on P411 -- before meeting me. Either because they weren't too concerned about compatibility (most ladies don't appear to be; those posting here are unusual in that respect) or there just wasn't much info available for those clients who aren't very active here (and even if there were, most of us are ordinary and unremarkable). Some of you are well-known, but you're in the minority The vast majority of us (both ladies and clients) interact very little with the board. We're not much beyond "Anonymous." And we don't mind a bit

I'm sure screening by reviews/posts happens, but I suspect not often, and even when it does, usually has little effect.
OMG, this is a wonderful post!

Yes! Reviews are very important. I was just on another thread where a gent talked about his reputation. He barely posted, and he had more BP girl/AMP/SW/Agency reviews and only 4 reviews from ladies that I would call for references, and 1 within the last year. My question then went to how the other ladies screened him since there was no one to ask for references. I raised an eyebrow to this.

My concern with reviews is this: when a man gets his start reviewing AMP's and BP girls that don't give references, I will screen them, no matter what their reputation is. There is no value in a review for a provider if the lady is not a good reference. To me, reviews from women/establishments that are not vested in the validity of their reviews can be faked. If they've met reputable ladies since that time, I will make exceptions if they give a favorable reference.

As far as using your reviews to gauge the type of woman you like, there is only certain criteria I look for. If I'm different from your norm, I don't hold that against you. A good client of mine says you can't eat chicken everyday. There's nothing wrong with a good juicy steak every once in a while.

I've met men who were primarily Bodyrub clients before they met me, but they were willing to be screened, and communicated with me beforehand so that we got a feel for one another. The one thing that works for me is not rushing into appointments with new clients. At least a few days to get a feel for one another is all that's needed to not feel like strangers when we meet.

What does turn me off is primarily "NO" reviews. Or seeing women you deem unattractive or are OVERLY critical of a few normal pounds of weight gain. It's not a problem if you mention it, but you can't tell me a woman is out of shape or describe her as flabby at 130lbs. These are important because it tells me either you're sabotaging ladies, have low self esteem, or you don't do the research it takes to have a good time.

I have seen instances where reviewers only see cheap black backpage providers or BBW providers, and give them all low scores. I've been the victim of a man's low self esteem, so his perception of our time together was skewed until he lost half his body weight. Had I had the ability to check his reviews then I never would have met him. He was perpetually unhappy.

I can understand being blindsided once or twice, but walking into bad situations once you see the signs is pure idiocy. If you've been robbed, disappointed with a lady's looks, came in contact with pimps, or have to discuss the negative condition of a lady's incall more times than you have fingers, it's not the girls that are the problem.
I've never joined P411 because my hobby opportunities have been so limited that I didn't think getting laid once a year was worth it. On occasion, when I know a lady has an ECCIE presence, I've contacted her via PM, and suggested that she should be able to check my reviews and post count and determine whether any further screening is required. So far, it hasn't been.

One other thing that hasn't come up that could be useful in screening: If you're a provider and you see another provider interacting with a client on the board, the exchange can provide some useful information. For example, if Lady A asks Client B in a post when he's going to come see her again, that says something about Client B.
I always ask a lady to look at my profile on 411. I then check back to make sure we will fit. I do wonder if they really think about it as I always seem to be good to go.
  • BLM69
  • 09-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Tigercat, I'm with you. I rarely have to provide any screening info and I would assume it is because I have a track record. Those that do ask, I refer to my reviews. If that is not sufficient, then it was not meant to be. And while I readily offer to do a review, I don't often review the same girl, multiple times; I don't think it serves any purpose other than to pad my PA. I thoroughly research a provider through her reviews and I strongly encourage providers to do the same with us. It makes for more compatible relationships and helps keep our venue a safer place to play, but it has to be more than numbers; you need to read them. Originally Posted by daty/o
I'm with you on this one, If my reviews are not good enough, time to move on!