As ‘Woke Capital’ Turns on Trump, the GOP Turns on ‘Small Government’

• WTF
  • 01-13-2021, 12:07 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...?ocid=msedgdhp

Disaffection with capitalism has been growing on the right for years now. But Twitter’s decision to ban the insurrectionist-in-chief — and subsequent moves by Google, Amazon, and Apple to effectively shutdown Parler, a far-right-friendly Twitter competitor — has swelled the ranks of “conservatives against free enterprise.” Now, it is only the right’s self-styled populists who are decrying the tyranny of woke capital. Even self-described libertarian Ben Shapiro suggested Sunday that Big Tech needs to be regulated since “the technological instruments necessary for speech are located in essentially three companies, all of which are moving toward like-minded censorship.” Other Republican lawmakers and commentators have argued that — unless the U.S. government stops private companies from running their businesses as they see fit — America will become indistinguishable from communist China.
the thing you copied inherently denies any history of monopolistic and collusive regulation in the united states
  • WTF
  • 01-13-2021, 12:16 PM
But for conservatives who are more invested in winning the culture war than protecting material privilege, the gospel of Reagan makes less sense today than it ever has – because in 2021, transferring power away from “big government” and toward Corporate America means shifting authority away from institutions that overrepresent social conservatives and toward ones that underrepresent them.
  • WTF
  • 01-13-2021, 12:20 PM
the thing you copied inherently denies any history of monopolistic and collusive regulation in the united states Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
That is because it is laying out the irony of how much hypocrisy Trump lovers like you fail to take into account your new ''woke'' demonization of private business.

It reminds me of oeb11 demonizing my ACLU just last month and now it is the ACLU taking on Big Business. He hasn't a fucking clue wtf I was talking about then or now. It is the greatest organization this country has ever seen for equality....well except for hookers , who have always looked more at a man's wallet than race, religion or social standing.

That is because it is laying out the irony of how much hypocrisy Trump lovers like you fail to take into account your new''woke'' demonization of private business.

Originally Posted by WTF
you've made up something not in evidence and did not address my post
  • WTF
  • 01-13-2021, 12:45 PM
you've made up something not in evidence and did not address my post Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Your post had no relevance. Be as if I pointed out you shit your pants and you replied that you'd just farted too.

You now are for more government regulation on big business?
recall if you will the painting the scream
  • WTF
  • 01-13-2021, 01:28 PM
I think the key word here is social media, which may be a business, but it's more specific.

It's not right for giant social media platforms to ban and destroy others.

I get that any ding dong could create their own platform, but if a giant company is trying to suppress a ding dong's platform, that's kind of gay.
I loved the pic of the guy carrying pelosis lectern
I loved the pic of the guy carrying pelosis lectern Originally Posted by winn dixie
Yeah! It was great! Remember when he was arrested! Hilarious!
  • WTF
  • 01-13-2021, 04:59 PM
I loved the pic of the guy carrying pelosis lectern Originally Posted by winn dixie
So did prosecutors

• WTF
  • 01-13-2021, 05:04 PM
I think the key word here is social media, which may be a business, but it's more specific.

It's not right for giant social media platforms to ban and destroy others.
. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
You mean like the government did with Backpage and parts of Craigslist?

I'm shocked any of you numbnutted Trump supporters are suprised about this. Even more so that you're crying so damn loud.

Did you not see it happen to this platform?

How about them reviews? How do they compare to 5 years ago?