oilfield convention in shreveport

April 1-2 pretty big convention if you ladies travel. Just a heads up
Thanks for the info!! I have been waiting for a reason to use my free night stay..
Great to know! Now there's some boys with money to burn and need some lovin!! That's a hard life and very hard work!!
At under $50/bbl, they may not have ANY money to burn. You might be better off going to a convention for gay decorators.
  • jwood
  • 03-28-2015, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the info!! I have been waiting for a reason to use my free night stay.. Originally Posted by melannie_star
You must be a high roller Melannie
Yeah, I have a feeling discretionary spending is going to be pretty spare this year. I wouldn't go with high expectations.
  • jwood
  • 03-28-2015, 11:02 PM
I'm sure the execs aren't the ones suffering
Ladies generally don't travel to a town because of conventions ... or the Suoer Bowl, etc.

That's a myth. I would think that having a convention there would bring out more of a police force. Another negative for me, of indeed that happens, which honestly ... it's just a guess if they do or don't.

Late hugs,
Liz
I'm sure the execs aren't the ones suffering Originally Posted by jwood
You'd be surprised.
I'm sure the execs aren't the ones suffering Originally Posted by jwood
Depends on when they got in. Companies that are big in tight sands oil formations are really hurting as the need $75+/bbl to break even.
  • jwood
  • 03-29-2015, 10:05 PM
Depends on when they got in. Companies that are big in tight sands oil formations are really hurting as the need $75+/bbl to break even. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
I'm sorry but I just can't feel sorry for Oil companies, they break it off in me daily on Diesel.
I didn't suggest feeling sorry for them. It's a high risk/high reward business. But right now, they'll be throwing nickels around like manhole covers.
Here is my $2 to add (2cents isnt worth much here )
As an oil field worker for a few years, I would say even these conventions are sure to turn up short for business as the price of oil stays low. Ofcourse im nowhere near executive payroll I have seen how some of the top people in charge are hurt as well. Ive seen CFO's and branch managers lose their job in the blink of an eye in the course of 3 months.
I'm sorry but I just can't feel sorry for Oil companies, they break it off in me daily on Diesel. Originally Posted by jwood
FYI, that real big profit year that Exxon Mobil had that was in the billions was the 5% profit on however hundreds of billions of dollars spent getting the oil out. So it isn't like they make $.50 a gallon profit like the US Government does.

Damn let us get the violins out for these poor sad men